
My mother and father-in-law gave us a food dehydrater for Christmas, so I bought some bananas to dry. I cut them all up and put some glaze on them and then stuck them in the dehydrater. I got three trays of bananas.



It took about 12 hours for them to dry, I could have let them dry a little longer, but we were going to bed and they were pretty much done so I unplugged it and let them cool down. In the morning they were stuck pretty good to the trays so we took them off carefully with a fork and put them in a bag.
I filled the sink with HOT water and let them soak. Then I took them out and ran HOT water directly on them and used a scrub brush to scrub the remainder of bananas off. Anyways, I reached into the sink full of water to release the plug and the water was warm, not thinking I put my hand under the HOT running water to rinse my hand off and wouch, oh it hurt. I hurried and turned the water to cold and stuck my hand under.
But, that was not the worst injury, there was actually another. I got my sewing machine out to make some sleeves shorter on a shirt I bought. I got that finished and then Rob asked if I could sew something for him, so in the middle of sewing I reached up to use the backstitch and then reached back down and started pushing the fabric through and somehow the needle got my finger. It happened so fast that it didn't hurt, but it left a hole that went through the top of my fingernail out through my skin on the other side. You can even see the track it left under my skin. Crazy, that has never happened to me before. The top of my finger is just a little tender.
I also broke my sewing machine, something happened when the needle went through my finger, because now the needle gets stuck when it goes down to get the thread from the bobbin. I guess I will have to make a trip downtown to get it fixed. Oh well!
Happy New Year!
I filled the sink with HOT water and let them soak. Then I took them out and ran HOT water directly on them and used a scrub brush to scrub the remainder of bananas off. Anyways, I reached into the sink full of water to release the plug and the water was warm, not thinking I put my hand under the HOT running water to rinse my hand off and wouch, oh it hurt. I hurried and turned the water to cold and stuck my hand under.But, that was not the worst injury, there was actually another. I got my sewing machine out to make some sleeves shorter on a shirt I bought. I got that finished and then Rob asked if I could sew something for him, so in the middle of sewing I reached up to use the backstitch and then reached back down and started pushing the fabric through and somehow the needle got my finger. It happened so fast that it didn't hurt, but it left a hole that went through the top of my fingernail out through my skin on the other side. You can even see the track it left under my skin. Crazy, that has never happened to me before. The top of my finger is just a little tender.
I also broke my sewing machine, something happened when the needle went through my finger, because now the needle gets stuck when it goes down to get the thread from the bobbin. I guess I will have to make a trip downtown to get it fixed. Oh well!
Happy New Year!













7 comments:
You prob bent the needle when it hit your finger.. try replacing the neddle and hopefully that will fix the problem... Happy New Year .. and hey better luck with your next project!
Ouch!!! I'm so sorry! Hope your finger (and your machine) feel better soon. The 'nanas look nummy. :)
That's too bad about your finger. I love to dehydrate bananas, but like to do it without adding anything to them. They might darken a little, but they are much easier to get off the trays.I also like to try different ways to cut them. Try cutting them in thirds, then slice them the long way. That is our favorite and it goes a lot faster.
Yum! I love dried bananas! We borrowed my parents dehydrator, and just forgot to give it back... thanks for the reminder! Though I think I'll dry some bananas first. Ouch about your finger! I'm shocked it's only a little tender. Wow!
Those bananas look delicious. Enjoy eating them. You are so very crafty. You give me inspiration to try more things and be more crafty myself. I hope your finger feels better.
I too have been searching for a way to print my blog. It is my journal/scrapbook all wrapped into one, so I really want it to look good, and it had to be at a good price. I looked at http://serv.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html first. It is super simple, you just type in your blog address and it allows you to see how it will look when it prints. However, when I saw how it would look I wasn’t thrilled. The pictures were in weird places, and often the captions didn’t go along with them. I would try this website and see if yours turns out well.
After doing some more research I found this page http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2005/10/archiving_coyot.html. This post helped me A LOT. I am doing the whole copy & paste thing (which is a pain, but worth it in the end) and I am now going to print with lulu. I like lulu’s work, and the books turn out nicely (lacey has an example of a book they printed if you are interested) I am way happier with the way the pages look, and feel like it will be a nice way to record my year! And an added bonus – lulu is really reasonably priced! I probably wont get mine ordered for a few more days, but if you want to see how it turns out, just let me know. GOOD LUCK (sorry this turned out so long!)
Ouch girl! Do you still have a hole in your fingernail area!!!! That might be kinda cool though! you could totally sport a new fashion for fingernail rings or jewles! hahah jk
Post a Comment