Sunday, October 20, 2013

20 Months

-Today, 10/17, Melanie was trying to reach her leap frog table, I helped her to a kneeling position, and then before I knew it she had brought a foot up and was getting ready to stand, and she did it. She was very wobbly, but she did it. I tried it again and she did the same thing. This just makes me happy, she is really doing so much lately, she loves to climb over us when we are on the floor, and she is belly crawling really well now, and she is fast. 
-Loves to go outside, and whenever we even walk over to the door or if she hears us unlock the lock, she stops what she is doing and starts making her way to the door. So funny.
-Eating better now and is now using her pincer grasp. I will hold a pee up and I won't let go until she grabs it with her fingers. She loves this and gets so excited when she gets one and gets it to her mouth. She was doing awesome last night. She also grabs them in the crook of her thumb, so funny, one of Melanie's interesting facts.
-She seems to be getting mad a Julie lately, she will clench her jaw and try to grab at her clothes and just kind of shake, like she wants to get her. So funny, one of these days Julie is going to get it. She only usually clenches her jaw and shakes when she is grabbing at hair or wants to grab at hair.
-Has been wearing an eye patch over her right eye this past month for 2 hours a day to help her left eye get stronger, she doesn't mind wearing it at all.
-We finally had to move her crib mattress down because she has been pulling up to everything. This makes me happy.
-It looked like she was tickling the dog, and from the jabbering she was making, it sounded like she was saying, "I am going to tickle you, or tickle tickle" It was just funny. She loves my parents dog, Buster. She is getting faster too to be able to get to him before he walks away.
 Melanie watching Julie with the tablet.
 This is how Melanie's hair ends up after Rob cleans her up after dinner.
 Exploring.
Her hair was especially orangey red, although the picture doesn't show just how red it was. Love her hair color.
Lately she had been loving all the play food. We keep them in a container and she has the funnest time taking everything out. The joys!
I love watching Julie be so loving to her sister. Putting her arm around Melanie to help her not fall over. Plus they were in matching outfits. It is funny how often I seem to dress them in the same colors, not on purpose.
 Melanie is doing so well sitting up by herself without falling backwards. Although after taking this picture, she fell over. But, if she does fall over, she seems to be not falling as hard by using her muscles to slow her down. Or she will fall slightly backwards and then bring herself back up.
 Also loves these foam letters.
 Another cute shot that I took of these two. Julie and Melanie were in the front room and I hear Julie say, "Mom, look, I am playing with Melanie". This picture was a little bit after, when I peeked into the room, I saw Julie laying on the ground and Julie had her face next to Melanie's, kind of giving her a hug without her arms wrapped around her, and so this picture is what I got after the fact, but I still love it.
 Lately our walks end up in the afternoon, when it is warmer and they usually end with Julie falling asleep. This one Melanie is watching for grandma and grandpa to come out of their house. 
 Who knew a box of wipes an diapers could be so fun and help Melanie at the same time.
 She was kneeling and she kept leaning upward and trying to balance by lifting one hand off and then she would try lifting both and then fall mostly catching herself, which is why we switched to the softer diaper package. She has gotten some good use out of those diapers.
 Lifting one hand.
 Then trying it with the other.
 She can also maneuver herself to a sitting position, she was so excited in this picture for sitting.
 Melanie woke up not happy one morning, and then Julie got up, she came in and gave Melanie her blanket, and then she brought her a ball, and she laid up next to her and wrapped her arm around her. So loving lately and I love it. Occasionally Julie will be playing and she will bend over and give Melanie a kiss on the forehead. Melts my heart.
Melanie just seems to be progressing a ton in so many areas right now, eating, vocalizing, gross motor, and fine motor, and it is so fun to see. She is getting her pincer grasp down pretty good now, eating well all by herself, using a sippy cup, belly crawling, climbing, pulling herself up to things, and so much more. Awesome progress, go Melanie!

1 comment:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Hooray for Melanie! And so cute to see the sisters playing well together, giving each other loves.