Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jam anyone?

We had to travel down to Salt Lake on Sept 4, so we stopped in Brigham City to get peaches, since peach days were Sept 5 and 6th. We got 2 half bushels of peaches. We gave some away and have been eating peaches and I decided I wanted to make some peach jam. I also had some strawberries, so I made some Peach-Strawberry jam, and some plain peach jam. Whoa, I made 5 batches of jam and got about 50 8oz. jars of jam. Whoa! Just getting a head start on my Christmas gifts.

I still had peaches left over and so I peeled and pitted all the remaining peaches and my mom helped me can 7 quart jars. And we still had enough to munch on for a few days. Oh, they were so juicy and good, mmmmmm.

The only thing I don't like about cooking and making things is the cleanup that always comes afterwords. Somebody's got to do it.


3 comments:

The Morreys said...

Yummy!! It all looks and sounds so good! Thanks for the peaches. We really enjoyed them. It was so fun to see you two. Come again anytime!

Ryan and Michelle said...

We'll trade you a box of Scooters for a jar of jam. Yes, they have Scooters out here, but they're in boxes not bags.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Ok, um, seriously, I almost just licked my computer screen. If you are willing to sell me a few of those jars, I will be more than happy to pay you for them!!

P.S. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! :)