Last year when we got so many tomatoes from our garden we didn't plant, we made salsa. I made two batches last year with having 5 tomato plants. This year, we planted 3 tomato plants, so as not to get tons of tomatoes. Well, I have so far made 4 batches of salsa (I use about 18 or so tomatoes in every batch) and there are still more tomatoes. I have given quite a bit of salsa away also.


The recipe I have used for my salsa I found on allrecipes.com, I love it, it is called Phyl's Salsa. Although I have made some small alterations to the recipe. It calls for 10 large tomatoes. The smaller tomatoes I usually count as 2, but in all I probably just average around 16 to 18 tomatoes. I peel them and deseed and dejuice them. And instead of 4 fresh jalepeno peppers, I use the red jalepeno peppers, I don't know if it makes that much difference, but that is what I do. I also don't quite know what a banana pepper is, so I found the closest thing that I thought it was. A yellow chili pepper, bananas are yellow and this was the only pepper that was yellow, and looked like a banana. Anyways, it tastes good.

When it has simmered for an hour I let it sit for awhile and cool down and then I take one of those stick blenders and blend it up so there are no large chunks. I like it better this way and it also coats the chip better.
Enjoy!

When it has simmered for an hour I let it sit for awhile and cool down and then I take one of those stick blenders and blend it up so there are no large chunks. I like it better this way and it also coats the chip better.
Enjoy!













No comments:
Post a Comment