I love making sugar cookies for the holidays, especially Valentines. And there is only one sugar cookie recipe I will use. The cookies turn out so soft and yummy!

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
2 cubes butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream

Sift together:
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour

Combine two mixtures. Put in fridge to chill at least 1 hour.
(When I am ready to roll the dough out, I use very little flour. The more flour you use the harder and dryer the cookie is. I use just enough so it does not stick to the counter or the roller.) And I make my cookies pretty thick, so they are soft.
Bake at 375* for 7-8 minutes. (don't over cook, I take mine out even before they are golden brown, mmmm, so good)
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
2 cubes butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
Sift together:
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 c. flour
Combine two mixtures. Put in fridge to chill at least 1 hour.
(When I am ready to roll the dough out, I use very little flour. The more flour you use the harder and dryer the cookie is. I use just enough so it does not stick to the counter or the roller.) And I make my cookies pretty thick, so they are soft.
Bake at 375* for 7-8 minutes. (don't over cook, I take mine out even before they are golden brown, mmmm, so good)













3 comments:
They look yummy! I'll have to try them out soon:)
I will need to try your recipe - mine always turn out hard!
I love the picture with the bite out of the cookie!! CUTE!
I love your sugar cookies... they are seriously some of the best I've ever had! :) Looks SO YUMMY!
Post a Comment