We blessed Melanie on May 20, 3 months after she was born. I got everything ready at my moms for the dinner the next day. Started working on the slip for under Melanie's dress at 10:00 on Saturday night, and didn't know quite how to do some of it. My mom sent me home and told me she would do it in the morning. I am a procrastinator and apparently got it from my mom.
-My mom brought the slip and the dress over in the morning, my mom is awesome and I am so grateful for all she did. When it was time to go, I changed Melanie and put on the slip and took the dress with us to put on at church, since it was crocheted I didn't want it to snag on the clips from the carseat. We got to church fairly early and sat down next to my grandma and grandpa. I pulled the dress out and went to put it on Melanie and the neck hole wouldn't fit over Melanie's head. I tried and tried different ways, and Melanie was not very happy with me. At one point I told Rob we might have to run home and grab Julie's blessing dress. At this point, my mom arrived and I told her I couldn't get it over her head, so we decided we would have to clip part of the back. Bummer, you don't want to have to cut a crocheted dress, but what else do you do. So, we snipped it and it was still a very snug fit, but we got it on, her head was a little red, but she was still in a happy mood, phew. She looked beautiful and the dress was beautiful, which is one reason I was so bummed about snipping it.
All was well, and one of Robs brothers made it just in the nick of time for the blessing, which we were so grateful for. The blessing was beautiful, Rob always gets a little nervous before the blessing, but he gave her a beautiful blessing. And Melanie did well through the rest of the meeting and Julie loved sitting with her Grandma Taylor during the meeting as well.
After taking some family pictures at the church, we went to my parents house for dinner afterward after stopping at our house to grab a few things and change.
We went to my parents house for dinner afterwards and had baked potatoes, salads, fruit and veggies. And my parents made cream soda, yum. We were outside and it was sunny(which was good), it was just sunny with no shade, but it went well and I am so glad it was a good day. Heather took some blessing pictures before they left and they turned out amazing. I love them. Here are some of them.
I need to scan in the picture of me wearing this dress when I was little.
We did manage to get a few smiles out of her.
Some of her with her grandma's.
Then some with her sister Julie, although we couldn't get Julie to smile(go figure), we never can get her to smile on que, just doesn't happen.
Kind of a smile!
I just love this picture, she found this doll of my sisters and just loves to play with it when we go to my parents house, even though it looks like it has a bloody nose and bleeding from the mouth, and a bandaid under the arm. She loves it.
It was such a great day and we are grateful to everyone who came.
We went to my parents house for dinner afterwards and had baked potatoes, salads, fruit and veggies. And my parents made cream soda, yum. We were outside and it was sunny(which was good), it was just sunny with no shade, but it went well and I am so glad it was a good day. Heather took some blessing pictures before they left and they turned out amazing. I love them. Here are some of them.
I need to scan in the picture of me wearing this dress when I was little.
We did manage to get a few smiles out of her.
Some of her with her grandma's.
Then some with her sister Julie, although we couldn't get Julie to smile(go figure), we never can get her to smile on que, just doesn't happen.
Kind of a smile!
I just love this picture, she found this doll of my sisters and just loves to play with it when we go to my parents house, even though it looks like it has a bloody nose and bleeding from the mouth, and a bandaid under the arm. She loves it.
It was such a great day and we are grateful to everyone who came.































2 comments:
Sounds like a great day! Sorry you had to cut the dress though, that is sad. Heather takes such wonderful pictures!
We're so glad we were able to come, even though we barely made it in time! That dress is so beautiful and I'm sure totally worth all the stress! And sorry about all those sun spots in the pics... I guess we did the best we could! She sure looks adorable. :)
Post a Comment