Well, since I get a lot of question regarding my hair and what I use and the products I use to style it I thought I would do a post on it. First off, I wash my hair at night so that it can air dry. It is much easier for me that way, so that I don't have to worry about showering in the morning. And I have not used a blow dryer on it for almost a full year. I also only wash it every other day. I use a organic shampoo from a company called Bubble and Bee, it is a shampoo and vinegar rinse. I have used this shampoo for almost 2 years now off and on. Sometimes I will just do a baking soda wash, and then follow that with the vinegar rinse. Here is where you can read more about this shampoo, since it is a little different that conventional shampoos. The owner is awesome and she has sent me two bottles of shampoo for free to try out, shampoo for hard water, and a newer formula that had less oils in it. The vinegar makes it so smooth and tangle free, I use this on my kiddos and Julie's hair is so soft and EASY to comb through right out of the bath, even after rubbing the towel over her head to dry it.
One of the tools I use is the Conair Waving Wand, this is a clipless wand, but instead of being round it is kind of rounded edge rectangular shape.
These next two pictures show the oval shape of it.
So, here I am after using this wand, kind of tight. I don't think I brushed the curls out in this photo.
This is second day hair with the Conair, personally I think that the first day hair is always a little too curly for me, but I love how the second day hair turns out, so I live with it.
And then here is the back.
The next photos are using the Revlon curling iron, the blue one on the far left.
So, I basically just take sections of my hair and curl it up, but I don't hold it for very long so that the curl isn't too tight. And I also don't curl much at the top of my head. I really like how this one turns out, just a soft look.
Okay, the next photos are using the NuMe reverse curling wand. I got this one for Christmas on a killer deal on KSLdeals. It is the zebra patterned one in the photo below.
This is the first day hair, and I think I finger combed it a little, bad picture I took from my phone, but you get the idea. This is really curly the first day, a little too curly for me.
But, I LOVE how it turns out the second day, even after sleeping on it I didn't have to recurl any sections of hair besides some in the front. And it loosened up so nicely. My other curling irons, I would pretty much have to recurl a lot of the hair after sleeping on it. I just wish it would look like this the first day.
These are the waves I love.
Next I used the curling iron again, but I used it as a wand and just wrapped my hair around it.
I really like this look too, so I bought me another wand from NuMe with the same killer deal that includes four different attachments. Came today and I am excited to use it tomorrow, maybe I will post those pictures also after using it. Anyway, this hair doesn't last very well after sleeping on it. Hopefully my new wand will fix that.
So, there you have it, I have also noticed that when I curl my hair I don't need very much hair spray either. That is basically all I use on my hair, not much product. I might run my hands over my hair after applying my lotion, just to help with static and what not.














No comments:
Post a Comment