Friday, May 16, 2008

Easy Butterflake Rolls

These butterflake rolls are absolutely delicious,
they do take a long time to make, but so worth it. I made them yesterday at 10:00a.m. and finished cooking them at 9:00p.m.
Here is the recipe:

First:
Dissolve 1 pkg(1tbsp.) yeast in 1/4 cup warm water and 1 Tbsp. sugar

Add:
1/2 c. butter, melted and cooled
1 c. warm milk
3 eggs, well beaten
1/2 c. sugar

Mix in:
4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix ingredients into a batter. Cover and set aside for at least 5 hours. This picture is after it has risen for 6 hours.

Mix batter down and scrape onto floured surface.
(Put at least 1 c. of flour on board)

Knead just until you can handle it (not sticky).
Divide into 3 equal parts.

Roll each into a large circle.
(The dough will be very thin)

Spread lightly with melted butter using the back of a spoon or a soft
pastry brush.

Cut with pizza cutter into 16 pie-shaped wedges.

Roll up from large end of dough and place on cookies sheet to rise, 3-5 hours.

This is after about 3 and a 1/2 hours.

Place in the oven. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.

And there you have it.
These crescent rolls are sooo yummy!
Oh so good!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jamie Younker said...

You are so amazing. Every time I look at your blog I think ... holy cow, I'm the worst homemaker in the world. I don't cook. I just don't. I need to take lessons from you.

Lacey said...

I think that they look SO amazing, but I have my doubts that I would ever have the patience to make something that takes so long from start to finish! Amen to Jamie about your homemaking skills. If you ever do offer lessons, give me a call!

Ryan and Michelle said...

You put the Pilsbury doughboy to shame! Crescent rolls are my favorite in the non-sweet pastry category.