Our garden is producing all kinds of veggies. We have tomatoes that are almost getting ripe, yellow cucumbers, yellow zucchini(bright yellow, green beans, and corn. We got one big yellow zucchini already and we were heading to salt lake and so we gave that to my parents to eat and try out. They enjoyed it. I have been picking green beans for a little while now. The first couple of batches I blanched and froze (Rob likes frozen beans). The next batch my parents helped me pick while we were unable to and then this morning I picked them. We got a good size amount of green beans. So I called my mom to see if she could help me can them (I like canned beans), I have watched my mom do the canning when I was a kit, but have never done it myself. So, I washed, cut, and got the beans all ready. In the process of putting the jars in the dishwasher to get rinsed and warmed, two of my jars fell on the floor and broke into all kinds of pieces. Bummer! So I swept it up and took the lids off of them and was brushing the small fragments off of the lid when I cut my finger, just poked it. But it hurt.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
I'm impressed with all the canning you do! I want to try to can salsa this year. Sounds like your garden is going to be great this year!!
Is there a Mrs. Provident Living contest? I think you'd be a good Candidate, Christin.
Post a Comment