Wednesday, January 13, 2010

38 weeks!

Well, I am 38 weeks and I have half my bag packed. Rob has been getting on me to get this done and I have just been slowly gathering things to put in there. I guess my thinking is, once the bag is packed the baby will come, so maybe I am just holding off so the baby won't come. Although I know it will come whether the bag is packed or not.
I think Rob is more excited than I am, he just keeps saying it will be so much fun when the baby is here. The baby is still moving around like crazy, which is how it should be. This past week I have noticed that the tips of my fingers on my right hand go numb and tingly in the morning and right before bedtime. It is really strange (doctor says it is a form of pregnancy carpal tunnel).
38 weeks:

I went to the doctor today and everything is going well. I gained the pound I lost last week, the heartbeat is good. I found out that I am 80% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. The baby is also really low, at a 0 station, which means that my labor should be short. Wahoo, I am all for short labors! The doctor says my body has been doing what it needs to.
So, now I have just been cleaning around the house and getting everything organized. Who knows when this baby will make her appearance. My prediction is I will have her on the 25th, that is my guess.
Well, that is my update and now I am off to bed.
Good Night!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

You're so close!!! Eeeeee! I'm glad Rob's getting so excited, it's such a wonderful thing. Yay that your body is getting ready to get this little girl out here. :) And yes, she will come whether your bag is packed or not! Mine sure wasn't, but that didn't stop Ivy from coming 10 days early. :) I have a present for you that I need to drop off sometime... maybe one evening later this week? I'll be in touch.

bobandhaley said...

Wow! She will be here in not time. That is strange about your fingers. You are so cute, your little belly is just perfect!

The Morreys said...

Oooh, I bet you will go early. Our RS had a surprise shower for my neighbor Jamie last night who was due on the 21st, but we found out about an hour before the party that she delivered on Tuesday. We had fun without her. FYI-- 6 lbs 4 oz, 19 in long.

It won't be long now!!

Megan said...

I think the baby should come on her due day - the 27th, a great day! I will be celebrating birthday #28. Yikes. You are getting so close. I always hated the last few weeks and playing the waiting game. It sounds like you are being more patient than I ever was!

Connie Robinson said...

I had pregnancy Carpel tunnel really bad with my first. I was numb in my right had for a couple of months even a while after I had her. It was really annoying and kind of scary. It went away though and I didn't get it with the others. Hope things go well the next few weeks. enjoy!