21 days to go! My back is starting to hurt a little more if I don't sit up properly. I had a week and a half break from work for the holidays and started back up on Monday. It felt like I had been off forever, but I wasn't looking forward to going back to work either. I don't get as much sleep, it is just so hard to get to bed early. So, I take a few naps during the day when I can. I do not like getting up so early.
I had my doctors appointment today and everything is still looking good. I have stayed about the same weight all week and from what the doctor says I lost a pound this week. And, I also went from 37 cm last week to 36 cm this week. The heartbeat is good, my blood pressure is good and actually went down. I am not swelling, the baby is head down(he said that he could definitely tell where the head was and the legs), and everything is normal. Hoorah! He said I could go any time, now that I am FULL-TERM. I could have had him check me to see how much I was dilated and effaced, but since there really was no change and everything is looking good I decided to wait until next week for that.

Rob is getting SUPER excited, it is so cute to see him so excited. I am excited as well, and nervous. But, I just keep telling myself I can do it! I CAN!
I still have yet to really pack my bags. Any suggestions that I should stick in there that you mama's out there loved to have at the hospital?
I turned in my papers for Family leave and will work up until the 22, unless the baby decides to come before then. I feel very fortunate to have had such a wonderful pregnancy, and I just hope the delivery will go just as smoothly.
Just after Thanksgiving I made this hat for my sister. It is a kid size hat, but I modified it and added a row onto it and it turned out really cute. Now I just need to make a cute little flower that she can wear with it. She is so cute!
I still have yet to really pack my bags. Any suggestions that I should stick in there that you mama's out there loved to have at the hospital?
I turned in my papers for Family leave and will work up until the 22, unless the baby decides to come before then. I feel very fortunate to have had such a wonderful pregnancy, and I just hope the delivery will go just as smoothly.
Just after Thanksgiving I made this hat for my sister. It is a kid size hat, but I modified it and added a row onto it and it turned out really cute. Now I just need to make a cute little flower that she can wear with it. She is so cute!













4 comments:
You're SO close!!! You look absolutely amazing.... you're positively glowing! ;) Really, you look so pretty. I love the hat you did for your sis, too. Very cute!
As far as what to bring, I HAD to have:
chapstick (but I'm an addict)
lotion (again, an addict)
extra socks.... I get so cold during labor
music that relaxes you
snacks for Rob because you don't want him leaving you to go eat :)
a tennis ball that Rob can rub around on your back
I personally didn't like wearing the hospital clothes after having the baby... I always felt even more "blah" so with Allie I brought my own comfy/loose sweats/sweatshirts to wear after and that seemed to help me feel a little more normal
your camera/videocamera
fingernail clippers for the baby, and maybe some unscented lotion for the baby, too. I like the Aveeno baby stuff
Snacks for you.... I was always starving after having the babe.
Then there's the obvious stuff for you/baby, but I tried to put some of the abnormal stuff on there, too. You're going to do great- I can't wait to hear the big news!!
Definitely bring snacks for Rob and maybe bring some that won't tempt you at all. Once you go into labor, they won't let you eat. I was in labor for 24 hours so I was starving!
If you have a baby book, bring that. At least at our hospital, if you had it ready, they would do the feet prints right in the book when they did it for their stuff. Also it's good to start writing things down as soon as you can. Funny things that happened during labor (maybe something Rob says that you won't ever let him forget?) and also the tender feelings and thoughts you both have. There's so much going on, so many changes, it's too easy to forget!
Good luck with everything! Do you have a name picked out?
First of all- I need one of those hats. Seriously. I will pay you for one! LOVE IT!
Second of all- I agree with everything the other girls have said about what to bring to the hospital. With Addie I got kinda bored cause I was in labor for so long... so I made a mental note to bring entertainment the next time. So with Livy I brought an entire season of Chuck and I didn't even get a chance to make it through one episode. LoL. And definitely bring a journal.
I definitely agree on the snacks for Rob. I was so tired and had people coming to see me & Carson that I didn't use a lot of the stuff I had. Oh, I would recommend bringing 2 different sizes of outfits for the baby. I only brought a newborn size and it was way to big for Carson - luckily someone gave us a smaller sized outfit.
Post a Comment