Friday, February 12, 2010

Julie is 2 1/2 weeks!

I got this picture the other day while she was in kind of a alert sleep state, and it just makes me smile every time I look at it. She must have been having a really good dream. Love this picture!

My little girl is 2 and a 1/2 weeks old, it seems like we have had her for longer than that. We had her two week well baby check up Monday morning and she is doing great.
Weight: 8 lb 3 oz 60 percentile
Height: 21 1/8 inches 85 percentile
She regained her birth weight, plus 4 oz. She is ABOVE Awesome! Go Julie!
Julie is doing wonderful, the doctor gave me some things to do to increase my milk supply, one of which is to eat oatmeal. I am not very fond of oatmeal and I have tried to learn to like it. He also says to watch funny movies, stay hydrated, eat Flax - cold milled, and Malts.
I think it is helping, it is hard to drink so much water, but I am getting it down.
Julie is on a 3 hour feeding schedule and goes for stretches of 3-4 hours of sleeping at night between feedings. She is awesome.
Her umbilical stump fell off the other day on Feb. 10, and I am so excited that it is now gone. It was getting kind of ugly. Now, we are able to give her a bath. We will see how much she likes that.
She also had her first blow out up her back, I was changing her diaper and was looking at the sides of her legs to see if it went out the sides and it hadn't so I was excited not to have to change her onesie until I took her diaper off and realized that it went up the back of her diaper, so I lifted her up and sure enough, a big brown spot on her onesie. So fun!
I still have a headache and the doctor prescribed rest, staying hydrated, and she wrote me out a prescription for Robert to give me a massage every night for 2 weeks.
It is still there, but I think it is slowly getting better.
We keep her pretty bundled up all the time, so when her arms are free she loves to move them around all over the place.

And this is a quilt her grandma Taylor made for her to match her crib set. It is so colorful and we love it. She loves just staring at it while laying on the floor.

She loves riding in her car seat(not that we have gone anywhere that much), probably since she is snuggled in with the straps and everything.

We don't leave her in there, I just took a picture of her before taking her out, she looked so comfy.

5 comments:

Ryan and Michelle said...

Such a cutie! It's been a long time since I was around a little girl and it's fun just to see all the girly pink and polka dots.

I had to laugh that you specified that you don't leave her in her carseat. Austin had reflux (when he was older) and the doctor recommended we have him sleep in his carrier, as long as it was at the right angle, not on the counter, etc. He spent tons of time in his!

Lacey said...

I just love all of her cute facial expressions and darling outfits... such a doll! And yay for growing strong and being on such a good schedule even though she's still so young... she sounds absolutely perfect!!! :) I hope your headache continues to get better... the massages could possibly hurt anything, I'm sure. :)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Awww, she's such a sweetheart, I miss her! LOVE the blanket Patty made- that is so, so cute. Glad the feeding it going better and that your headache is starting to go away. I hope both of those get even better everyday. You are such a cute mom. :)
And I'm uploading your pics right now.... I'll email you in a few minutes!

clair said...

She is so adorable! I love that green outfit and the beautiful quilt!

That's weird about watching funny movies to help your milk supply. I've never heard that before. But funny movies are the best so it all good.

Jamie Younker said...

Looking at all these beautiful pictures is making me ache for a newborn! There's just nothing like it in the whole world! You've got yourself one gorgeous baby there! I hope your headache is going away... no fun!

P.S. We had that cute little outfit for Livy and it was one of my favorites. Brings back lots of memories to see it again! :)