When the leaves started falling off the trees, Julie would say, "Mom, we need to put the leaves back on the tree". So funny. Anyway, she was so excited to help rake leaves and she was always asking me that she wanted to go out and rake the leaves. And it was so nice to be able to work out in the yard, while the weather was warm. We were able to get our yard all raked and mowed before it got cold. I took advantage of Melanie's naps, and Julie had so much fun out there with me. I trimmed the bushes, edged the lawn, swept the gutters, I think our yard looked better than all summer. And we were able to dump all the leaves from our trees in our gardens in the back. Although we were not able to till them in, just need to remember to put some nitrogen on them so that they will break down over the winter.
She was having the greatest time using that rake.
Making sure all the leaves were off of the rake.
Such a great helper she was.
We used a big tarp to haul the leaves to the gardens and Julie loved to sit on the tarp and go for a ride. Every time I would move the tarp to another pile of leaves, she would hop on, even if there was hardly any room, she would sit on the edge. It made raking that much more fun with a little helper beside me.













No comments:
Post a Comment