Well, I finally put them together, even though Melanie is still not sleeping through the night. They will eventually have to sleep together, and since I am not ready to move Julie downstairs, and I don't think she is ready either.
It just so happens that the first night together, Julie got a cold and Melanie was teething(we think), Melanie didn't really wake up Julie with her crying but Julie woke Melanie up once, although she went right back to sleep, and then Melanie woke up later and just cried and cried no matter what I did until finally falling asleep on my shoulder, and with an hour before time to get up, I just kind of sat with her on the couch until morning. Julie also ended up with a fever during the night that lasted about two days. Then the next night, Melanie did okay, and Julie woke up at 4:00 and was in that not tired state, so I sat with her on the couch for an hour before needing and wanting to go to sleep myself so I just stuck Toy Story on for her and let her watch it while I went back to bed, then she came in and woke me up. I went back in and turned Pooh Bear on for her and again went back to bed, she was asleep when we got up and slept until about 9:00a.m., I think it had something to do with her cold. And then last night Melanie got the cold, but slept rather well. She did cry for a bit, but Julie stayed asleep through it all. She is a sound sleeper. But then in the morning she was stuffed up and runny nose and just wanted me to hold her on my shoulder, which meant I wasn't ready until around noon. After giving her some medicine at 11:00, she took a nap from 12:00-2:30p.m., and finally drank her first milk for the day at 2:30, and then went back down at 4, sleeping until 5:50. She had some more milk at 7:00, and we got her ready for bed and she was in bed before 8:00. It is just weird that they both went down for bed without any symptoms of colds and then woke up a few hours later with a full blown cold. And we totally know who gave this cold to Julie, sharing a pretzel at church, and realized that Julie might end up with a cold after seeing the mom wipe her child's nose. Darn, I hate colds.
Here's to hoping that tonight will be better.
It just so happens that the first night together, Julie got a cold and Melanie was teething(we think), Melanie didn't really wake up Julie with her crying but Julie woke Melanie up once, although she went right back to sleep, and then Melanie woke up later and just cried and cried no matter what I did until finally falling asleep on my shoulder, and with an hour before time to get up, I just kind of sat with her on the couch until morning. Julie also ended up with a fever during the night that lasted about two days. Then the next night, Melanie did okay, and Julie woke up at 4:00 and was in that not tired state, so I sat with her on the couch for an hour before needing and wanting to go to sleep myself so I just stuck Toy Story on for her and let her watch it while I went back to bed, then she came in and woke me up. I went back in and turned Pooh Bear on for her and again went back to bed, she was asleep when we got up and slept until about 9:00a.m., I think it had something to do with her cold. And then last night Melanie got the cold, but slept rather well. She did cry for a bit, but Julie stayed asleep through it all. She is a sound sleeper. But then in the morning she was stuffed up and runny nose and just wanted me to hold her on my shoulder, which meant I wasn't ready until around noon. After giving her some medicine at 11:00, she took a nap from 12:00-2:30p.m., and finally drank her first milk for the day at 2:30, and then went back down at 4, sleeping until 5:50. She had some more milk at 7:00, and we got her ready for bed and she was in bed before 8:00. It is just weird that they both went down for bed without any symptoms of colds and then woke up a few hours later with a full blown cold. And we totally know who gave this cold to Julie, sharing a pretzel at church, and realized that Julie might end up with a cold after seeing the mom wipe her child's nose. Darn, I hate colds.
Here's to hoping that tonight will be better.













No comments:
Post a Comment