Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Teething

Wow, I now know what teething is! Julie never showed any signs of teeth coming in. And after 10 from Melanie, two of which were molars, her two molars on the top are causing some major grief for her. The one on her left is so swollen and has not came through yet, and the one on the right is partially through, but where it is not through is bloody, red, and swollen. The two molars on the bottom are still only partially through, but they look fine. She just keeps trying to bite my fingers off, and is just constantly moaning and basically crying non stop. She was fine this morning, just not really wanting to drink her bottle and I thought she was getting a cold because her nose was running and she was breathing pretty much through her mouth. So, after she woke up from her nap, she has been one unhappy little girl. The only time she wasn't crying was when she took about a half hour nap, and then when Rob took her for a walk in the stroller after dinner. She just kept her mouth open the whole time. I ran to the store to pick up something, and of course the store I went to only had Orajel, which I am not to fond of, so I picked up the cheapest one there. I came home and we tried it and it didn't make a difference, blah, she is not much of a fan with cold things either. 
 Poor thing, she just kept waving her arms around and occasionally hitting her face with her hands. She drank a few ounces from her bottle and that was it, so we laid her down and she went to sleep, although I hear her every once in a while kind of whimpering. I so hope she feels better in the morning, but I think it might be a long night also.
On a side note, we made an appointment for Genetics for Melanie in February of 2014. But, the doctor is already working on her end to get us in sooner.

1 comment:

Ryan and Michelle said...

poor thing! I hope that tooth comes through soon!

Feb 2014?!! That's a crazy long wait time!! Hope things will go faster with the doctor helping.