Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fun with our nephew

My sister in law came down for some photo shoots and brought her son, he was able to stay the night of the 17th with us and we had so much fun having him over. Saturday morning we were expecting to wake up around 6:30, and I was surprised to wake up at 7:40 and Brian was still asleep so we went in and woke him up. We asked what he wanted for breakfast and he said waffles, so waffles it was. As I was making waffles Mike(Robs brother) came over and ate breakfast with us, they had fun playing MarioKart, and then we headed to the park with Robs gas powered remote control truck. That truck moves fast. Brian loved to just run after the truck, even though he never could catch it with it moving so fast.


We also played on the playground. The only slide he went down was the blue twisty slide, the others were still wet from the cold mornings.

Mike left about 12:40 to pick up Heidi from class. We then made Brian a PB and J sandwich with some apples. We went outside and Brian had fun going back and forth to what I was doing and what Rob was doing. I got a lot of my garden taken out with Brian's encouragement that I was doing good. When Rob and I were putting up some stuff to seal the garage door Brian was entertaining himself. He had fun finding rocks and then cleaning them off with the water in the back and then lining them up in a row. He had a process that they go threw of drying. It was fun.



Then we sat out on the lawn and ate an icee watching for Grandma Taylor to come. Grandma Taylor played Mario Cart with Brian and they had fun, then grandma had to leave so Brian continued to play. It was time for dinner so we asked Brian what he wanted, he didn't want spaghetti, but he saw a box of hamburger helper in the cupboard and decided he would like that. So, we made the Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger helper. I also made some corn. He ate it all up and then mom came and Brian was sad to go. We had a fun day. We were able to talk with Heather for a while and then they headed home. Thanks for a fun day Brain.

3 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

You guys were so great, and he had such a wonderful time with you. And that's so funny that he wanted Hamburger Helper, as he never wants that here. :) You're the best!! :)

Zilles Fam said...

Your slideshow is so cute! Will type more later ... kids on my lap!

Lacey said...

I miss Brian! He is so cute. Looks like you had a super fun weekend!