Sunday, October 12, 2008

Garden is No More

Our garden is officially dead. As of Friday morning's frost, everything died. The only thing that was still thriving were our zucchini plants, and we already had a ton of zucchini in the house so I just let it go.
Most zucchini recipes call for two cups grated zucchini, so I grated all the zucchini and put them into bags. I ended up with 8 bags of zucchini. Whoa! So I found a zucchini recipe and made a batch. It turned out really good. I got six small loaves from one batch. Yum.


This week must have been my bread making week, thursday night I made wheat bread (did not rise very well, but still tasted good), and Friday morning I made Oatmeal bread, and then yesterday afternoon, I made zucchini bread while it was super windy and snowy/rainy outside.

4 comments:

The Morreys said...

It is always so sad to see the garden go, especially knowing that winter is coming. It is nice to have a break from the yard work though. Our garden is still going, though I think we lost some of it this weekend. I'm getting tired of canning tomatoes!!

Zilles Fam said...

Wow, can you send some of that bread our way?? No bread this way ... well, we did make some homemade oreos, but they only lasted about 2 days! Aaahhh! That's not good! You are a homemaker extraordinaire!!

Lacey said...

You are a bread making maniac. I want to come live at your house! :)

Ryan and Michelle said...

I noticed the Zilles Family blog on your list of blogs. Is that John and Nicole's? If so, what can we do to get invited to their blog?