Rob has been telling me for a while that I need to get a hobby. And I have known this, so I have started crocheting. I love it! It all started after going to my niece's blessing, my husband's Aunt crocheted the blessing dress for her and I loved the dress, so I asked her for the pattern. I told my mom about it, which sparked her determination to find the pattern of a dress she made when I was a baby(she has been looking for this pattern for years), she was inspired to look somewhere where she thought she had already searched, but decided to search more thoroughly. And, she found it. So, she started crocheting that pattern and I asked her if she could teach me how to crochet. It took a little while and some failed attempts, but I think I have the hang of it, at least the basic steps.
Then, searching the wonderful world of Etsy, I found some fun crochet patterns of shoes and hats and dresses and have spent the last month crocheting. For the last two days, I have had Spring Break from my job and guess what I did most of the days, crocheted. I made a cute new hat that I found the pattern from hollanddesigns.etsy.com. I also made some little newborn shoes from Sylverdesigns.com.
Here is the mess that gets left out from all my crocheting. Why put it away when I am just going to use it a little later.
The other day I had a sinus cold or allergies(I never can tell), and we had just driven to Salt Lake and back and I was dead tired. But, instead of going to bed early I was so excited to get home so I could finish what I was crocheting, that I stayed up and crocheted instead of getting the rest my body was telling me I needed.
This hat and shoes I made for me sister-in-law that just had a new baby on Thursday, she is so adorable. I just hope the hat fits. (Heather, if it does not fit just let me know and I can make another.

This next one I made for my niece who is 5 months old. And I tried it on yesterday and it fits. I am so excited that it fits. It was super cute.
Arrrgh!! For some reason my computer is not letting me rotate this, so just tilt your head.
Stay tuned!! I might just have to make something and give it away, since I don't have kids yet! Darn it! Or I will have a giveaway and you can choose what you want and the colors!! We shall see.
This hat and shoes I made for me sister-in-law that just had a new baby on Thursday, she is so adorable. I just hope the hat fits. (Heather, if it does not fit just let me know and I can make another.
Arrrgh!! For some reason my computer is not letting me rotate this, so just tilt your head.













6 comments:
Those hats are so stinkin' cute! I just love them. And I'm all for you doing a giveaway with such lovely crafts... :)
Congratulations to Heather! What did they end up naming her?
So very cute! I am very impressed!
Wow! You are a pro! You could totally sale these and make a lot of money. I'm all for the giveaway though!
I want to learn to crochet but I don't have much faith in myself. I've even bought the yarn. So maybe some day.
I can's believe you just learned how to crochet! Those hats and shoes are impressive! (and very cute.)
Those hats are so cute! I need to get a new hobby too...
So impressed!! I would seriously pay you to make me two of these when fall rolls around again. (even though it is plenty cold right now!)So cute!
Post a Comment