Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 months!

My babe is two months old! She is such a joy! She had her two month check up today and we figured she would be high on the charts.
Her stats:
Weight: 12lb. 9oz. (92%)
Height: 24 1/4 inches (97%)
Head: 15 3/4 inches (80%)
She is going to be one tall girl. She also got her 3 shots and an oral vaccine. She cried, but just for a minute. She was awesome and the nurses were really great.
The doctor gave us some suggestions to get Julie to sleep through the night and help with nursing to get her to go longer between feedings. I have been feeding her every 1 1/2 - 2 hours, and the doctor said I should try for at least 2 1/2 hours.
She also has cradle cap, so he told us to use Head and Shoulders on her hair and leave it for a few minutes and then rinse it off and that should take care of it.
Julie favors her right side, she can't turn her head to the left very well, so we have to stretch her neck to the left. So, I laid her on her stomach with her head looking to the left. She did great, she did eventually get her head turned to the other side.
Her neck isn't as strong as the doctor would have liked, so we are doing more tummy time to get that neck of her stronger. So, we have a few things we need to work on. He did say her eye focus was really good for her age. Yeah! We love our little gal and are so grateful she is with us.

Here is my little sweety with her poked legs. She is getting some chunk to her legs now, really filling out. She doesn't look that chunky to me, could be because she is so long, the weight has more room to distribute throughout her body.

I attempted to take a full body picture and she was done smiling so I got this sober face.

I tried this hat on when she was younger and it didn't quite fit, I tried it on yesterday and it is getting a little snug now. I thought it was cute.

I love this picture because she just looks so cute asleep on the floor. She loves to sleep with her hands up by her head. Must get that from Rob. I don't find that comfy at all.

Julie loves to be held so she can see everything around her. If she is being fussy, we just turn her facing out and she usually calms down. Here is cute Daddy with Julie.

4 comments:

amber said...

What a cutie! Thanks for sharing.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

She's such a doll and getting so big! Allie's sitting on my lap right now with the biggest grin on her face looking at Julie, and she keeps waving at her and saying hi. So, so cute- I bet they'll be good friends! I love the pic of Julie with her hat on and her little tongue sticking out a bit!

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

What a sweetheart! I am so happy for the both of you. You guys are such cute and fun parents. I love the pictures.

The Morreys said...

We had such a good time at the blessing and the food was great. Even super-picky Ethan inhaled his food.

Julie is such a doll. You two are such cute parents!