Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Planks!

On Monday Julie started doing this:

If you can't tell what she is doing, she has got her toes on the ground and her hands, the rest of her body is not touching the floor. It looks like she is getting ready to do a push up, but she just stays in the up position for a while.

She will hold her body in a plank position. It is so funny, and now she is constantly in that position if she is on her stomach. It won't be long now before she figures out how to move around on her hands and knees. We left the room for a minute the other day and we came in and found her getting into mischief. She found the blankets under her crib and pulled one out on top of her.

And, I have found two foods she likes so far. Bananas and squash, this means that she will open her mouth for more without us singing and dancing to get her to smile so we can stick the spoon in. It is so fun to stick the spoon in front of her and have her open her mouth for more. She is doing better. I need to try sweet potatoes again, my mom was saying that all of us kids loved sweet potatoes, sweet potatoes was the first thing I gave her, but that was when she was having none of anything. So, hopefully she will like more things here soon.

4 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Owen and Gabe love sweet potatoes! I know she is probably a little young for this, but my boys also love tuna fish... strange I know. And when she gets a couple teeth try water mellon. She really is so cute! She is going to be taking off crawling in no time.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Watch out mama-- she'll be off crawling in no time! That's so funny she does the planks like that. Cute. And your photos turned out very cute- I'll have them up for you in the next day or two! :)

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

I am excited to see her crawling. Now you will for sure have to baby proof your house even more if you haven't already. Good luck! She is such a quick learning at everything. I am glad that she is starting to like more foods with opening her mouth willingly.

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

I checked out the pictures Heather took for you and I absolutely love them. You guys are such a cute and sweet family. Good luck picking out your favorites. It would be hard to choose because there are so many cute ones.