Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mule ride

 In between conference while at Robs parents(Robs mom got to watch Julie for us) we headed up the mountain on his Aunt LaVerna's mule(a side by side vehicle). It was beautiful and the last time we did this we were dating so it has been a while. Rob drove for the first half up there and then he wanted me to drive. There was two spots where you have to drive through a little water and there were wasps flying around everywhere so I was grateful he drove through those. I would have ended up driving super fast through them and probably would have caused some sort of damage to us or the vehicle.
Look at these trees, they were gorgeous. The leaves were just turning and a lot were falling off also. It was just perfect. The temperature was nice, and the weather was good.
 Here are the two of us enjoying our time together!
 We stopped at the entrance where you hike to Coldwater Lake, you actually couldn't go any further on motor vehicles so I parked and we enjoyed our lunch. While we were dating we did hike up to the lake which was fun, but not this time.
 This was our view from where we were sitting on the back of the mule, so pretty!
 More of our scenery on our way back down, I just loved it, it is just fun to go up into the mountains sometimes and enjoy nature, the sounds, the smells, are just lovely.
 I also got to enjoy this guy as well. It brought back so many fun memories from when we were dating.
 Here we are at make out peak(or so they call it), where we snapped a quick pic. Too bad the background is washed out, it overlooked the valley.
In all we had a great time and Rob let me drive the whole rest of the way back down to his Aunts(although he did drive through the first little stream). We were only gone for about an hour, but it was nice to get away. We got back to his parents and Julie had fallen asleep, so Robs mom had laid her down in the crib where she slept for another good hour and a half.

1 comment:

clair said...

When I read mule ride, I thought you meant the animal kind of mule.

Looks like a fun time. So pretty. :)