Thursday, March 10, 2011

Instant Potatoes!

It is 9:30p.m. and I just made my first instant potatoes ever. I know it is late, but Julie is in bed and what better time to try it out. Plus, I was going to use them for a recipe that I am going to make, and I didn't want to cook up one potato. Anyways, I used the LDS cannery Potato Flakes, I cut the amounts down from what is says on the can. So, I used 3/4 cup water, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1 Tbsp. butter, 1/4 cup milk, and 3/4 cup potato flakes. Once I added in the potato flakes, they dissolved so quickly and instantly(haha) turned into potatoes. I have never made instant potatoes before and it was just awesome to me how fast this was. So awesome, Rob thought I was pretty crazy and asked me, "haven't you even made instant potatoes", he was not impressed. Anyway, I just had to share this amazing discovery, even though it is not that exciting. And Heidi, I am using these potatoes to try out those dinner rolls, that were so yummy, and also the soup. Hopefully it works with instant potatoes.
Mmmmmm! Even though I am not a huge fan of instant, these were pretty tasty!

3 comments:

Kerri F. said...

You're a nerd :)

The Taylor LIfe said...

Haha, I know!

David and Amy said...

It is sort of amazing how you can have mashed potatoes with such minimal effort. Now to find instant dinner...