Julie can now FINALLY drink from a straw and maybe from her sippy. I can't tell if she is just drinking what drips from it, or if she is actually sucking water out. What finally got her to drink from a straw was a smoothie, we would put a little bit in the end of a straw and cap the top, so that she would taste it, but she had to suck to get more of it out. And, today I made Rob a fresh strawberry milkshake, and he sucked a whole bunch into the straw and she sucked it right out and wanted more. In the meantime I was making her and I a smoothie of cranberry juice, peach yogurt, mango, and strawberries(just threw stuff in and blended away). Oh, and I also added a little spinach for iron. And we stuck that in a cup with a straw and she went to town sucking that stuff out. She would tip it up at first, and then she got the hang of keeping it down while sucking. She is my Smoothie girl. We were so happy today for this accomplishment, I didn't think we would ever get her to suck out of something other than her bottle.
Yeah, Julie!













4 comments:
You are going to love that she can do that. It makes going out to eat so much easier. Yea Julie!
yay Julie!!! Do you still want me to get those special cups? I'm assuming no, but let me know if you still do. I can get them this week and have Patty bring them home for you this weekend.
Hooray for Julie! And Jen is so right about going out to eat. Maybe we'll try the smoothie thing to see if Austin will catch on...
Way to go! I know you have been wanting her to accomplish that for awhile. I love the photos. I love the smoothie idea. I am glad it worked out for you.
Post a Comment