Thursday, May 26, 2011

16 Months

Julie is now 16 months old, she is about 26.6lbs.(according to our scale), and about 33 in. tall. She is such a joy! Her personality is so fun to watch come through, she is getting a little temper also.
There was one night right after we went to bed that she woke up, and kept crying so I went in to sit with her and rock her but she kept crying/screaming and pointing to the door. I didn't want to bug Rob, but he eventually came in and she instantly calmed down as he took her and rocked her. She has been favoring her daddy more lately, and I know he likes that. I don't mind at all.
 She is always doing this gesture with her arm below, "Where did it go." she does this all the time, but usually with both arms. Whenever Rob leaves the room where she is in or goes outside, she will instantly do this with a cute little high pitched "huhh", and then she will look at me and I will tell her that he just went outside and he will be back. She also does this when he leaves for work in the morning, I will have to explain that he is going to work and he will be back later. She doesn't usually wave bye either until the garage door goes down.
She also does this when something has fallen off her tray and she can't see it or if she has lost something.
 This is her basket that she now loves to carry all her Easter eggs in, she carries this all over the house all the time. So funny!
 She was in the kitchen with me the other day while I was cooking dinner before Rob came home, and she loves the lid drawer. She found a new way of drinking from her sippy without using her hands, so clever. I had forgotten about it and went looking for her sippy that night, then remembered where it was.
 She loves standing in the doorway and looking outside. This was in the evening right before bed, and it was such a nice evening, that I let her stand there for awhile and watch the world outside. She will pear out bending halfway while leaving her feet in the house and look all around, while talking and signing, leaves, bird(if she hears a bird), tree. It is so cute, and sometimes she leans so far out that I am afraid she is going to fall out.
 She loves the outdoors!
She has been doing better at coloring and knowing what paper is and that we only color on paper. She will still carry the crayons with her all over the house.
Some of the foods she really is liking right now are, grapes(she signs for grapes all day long), tomatoes, strawberries(I have bought tons of strawberries in the last couple weeks, so we always have strawberries until yesterday when there wasn't any at the store I get them at, so we had none and she kept signing for some, and I would keep saying no, no strawberries. Now she signs for strawberries and then signs "no" afterwords), and kiwi. She really loves her fruit.
And she still really loves her books, I didn't know you could ruin a board book, but she has. She likes to bend them backwards, I am always catching her doing this and have to tell her that we need to treat the books nicely so they will last a long time. 
And her phase right now is sticking her fingers up her nose. It started after she got a runny nose, and sometimes she will stick her finger in her nose and push hard. Ahhh, I hate this, I am constantly pulling her fingers out. There are sometimes when I just have to ignore her and try not to laugh, because I know she is just doing it to see what I will do. Man, hopefully she grows out of this one quick.
She loves to point at all her body parts and say what they are. She is really good with pointing out her ears, head, hair, eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, knee, feet, toes, belly, and belly button.
We love her so much!

2 comments:

Nicky and Patrick said...

Thanks! We got the rolling animals at Walmart. They had a wild animals too and some that were smaller:)

The Morreys said...

What a cutie! It is fun to hear about her little quirks. Can't believe she'll be going to nursery so soon!