So, we spent today with Robs family, starting at 10:40 with a baby blessing of baby Owen. Then we went back to our house and got Julie changed and packed up the salad and then headed over to Robs parents for lunch and for Easter with Robs side of the family(more on that later). It was a fun filled day and I knew from the beginning that Julie was not going to get her nap in. She was a happy little girl and had fun playing. We left around 6:30p.m. to go home and put Julie down early since having no nap. We put her in the car and no less than 3 minutes later, she was out. We got her home and fed her a little food since she didn't eat too much during the day. Halfway through her meal she was eating a banana and I don't know if she bit her lip or was annoyed with the string on her lip from the banana, but she started crying and was not happy. I sang "Popcorn Popping" and got her to laugh and smile, but once I ended she went right back to not being happy. So, we got her out cleaned her up and gave her a bath, which she usually enjoys. She cried and cried and cried through the whole process. We dried her off and got her dressed for bed. Said prayers. Then I nurse her right before bed. For the last two days I have cut her morning feeding out, and so I only nurse her at night. And well, tonight she wanted nothing to do with me, she would cry and blow out her lips(like we were giving her something that she didn't want) over and over. Nursing usually calms her down. So, I read her some books to calm her down and try again. After she was calmed down, I tried again and she still wanted none of it.
I have been meaning to totally wean her, but these last two feedings were the hardest to let go(for my sake), and I didn't want the evening one to end so quickly after I cut the morning one out.
I think she was just overly tired and didn't know quite how to handle it, so we just gave her loves, and put her in bed. She cried for a few minutes, settled down and fell asleep.
Makes me sad to think that I won't have that cuddle time with her anymore, where she is just content to lay in my arms for 10-20 minutes. Oh, how I am going to miss this!
She definitely needs that afternoon nap, and oh how I love that time I have to myself to do whatever!
She definitely needs that afternoon nap, and oh how I love that time I have to myself to do whatever!
(Taylor Easter Festivity Pictures to come)













No comments:
Post a Comment