Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sleep Deprived

Still has her nights mixed up, Melanie is usually up around 2:00a.m. for about an hour. I don't know how I survive on the amount of sleep I get, but some mornings I am so tired when waking up that I just don't want to function or move. Last night, when I got to sleep, then Julie woke up, and would wake up at just the wrong times. Ugh! Why she is waking up, I do not know, but it really gets on my nerves. She has been super whinny lately, over everything that goes wrong. I cannot take it sometimes.
I have a two week update post that is taking me forever to get finished, because I just don't want to sit and write it, so that is slowly getting finished.
On a good note, nursing is starting to improve, she is latching on and will suck for quite a while, but then still wants more after. When I pump I pump about 4 ounces, and she eats between 2-3 ounces, and I usually hit that amount when I am pumping in the first 5 minutes, so she should be getting plenty of milk, but doesn't seem to be. So, I am meeting with the lactation specialist tomorrow to get that figured out and then we should be smooth sailing, hopefully. That will make one less thing to worry about or deal with. Woo, woo, go Melanie!

4 comments:

Trina Bagley said...

Sorry you are so drained. No fun! I hope things get better. The pictures Heather took are way cute by the way. . . as usual. Ü

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I'm so sorry. I so wish I could come help you!! I'm glad nursing is improving though, that must be such a relief. Hang in there, it gets easier..... or so I'm told. ;)

Megan said...

Good luck with the nursing. The first month of nursing was a nightmare with all 3 of my babies. It was so frustrating, but hang in there, it does get better eventually!!!

David and Amy said...

Oh man! I'm tired just reading this! I don't know how you are doing it. I have always admired how well you handle stress. I wish I was closer and could come and snuggle your little one while you take a nap! Hang in there!!!