Two weeks old already, recovery has been easier this time and I am feeling like my old self. I still can't believe that the whole labor process is over. I really just get excited for that part, it just is exciting to know what your body can do. It is a miracle and it just happened so fast, that it kind of makes me sad. I love the whole birthing process. I drive past the newborn center and just think, "Man, it came and went so quickly", seems like it has been forever ago that I had Melanie.
Julie loves to watch "The Tigger Movie" right now, you would think she would get bored of it by now. She watches it all the time, usually as background noise as she plays.
This blanket is the softest thing ever, it is a Saranoni blanket. I got it for Rob for Christmas, but it is heavy and so soft to cuddle with. Melanie loves to lay on it, and will always fall asleep.
-At Melanie's 5 day old appointment, she is already back to her birth weight and has grown a half an inch in length. We will find out her two weeks stats tomorrow!
Well, her two week stats are as follows
Weight: 8lbs 4.5oz. (75%)
Height: 21 3/4 inches (95%),
although can you grow more than an inch in two weeks, she was only 20 inches at birth.
Head: 14 1/4 inches (75%)
They also did another PKU test, they poke her little heal and squeeze blood out to fill like 6 circles up on this card they have. Not fun!
-Julie did call her "baby Melanie", a few times after waking up from one of her naps.
-"It"s okay, baby" "Come on, baby" "Wake up, baby", and she says these in her high pitched voice, like how we talk to newborns.
-She has an awake time from 1-3:30 in the morning, some days. This is not fun! The other night she was awake every hour and then from 3:00 to 5:00 was wide awake. I was SOOOOO tired this morning. Like I just didn't want to move. Got out of bed and then climbed onto the foot of my bed and laid back down again, and stayed there while Rob took care of Julie, and Melanie and I took another little snooze. It was a lazy morning also. I notice that when I read to Julie before nap time, I sometimes will put myself to sleep. The book will slip from my hands, or I will start slurring my words. Blah, definitely need more sleep. It will come eventually. Trying to get Julie on more of a routine with feedings(using BabyWise), so we can have better nights.
-I think I average about 2-4 hours of sleep at night.
Two week update: we have her on more of a schedule now, where she eats at 7:00a.m., 10:00a.m., 1:00p.m., 4:00p.m., 7:00p.m., and 10:00p.m., and then again at 12p.m. before we go to bed and she will sleep until 4, and will eat again and then sleep until 7. I just need to get myself down to bed earlier. So, now I am at least getting 5-6 hours of sleep.
-We mothers must have some super powers to be able to function on so little sleep. Usually after an hour or so in the morning after waking up and getting a shower I feel pretty good. Although I fall asleep while reading a story or nursing Melanie.
-Julie can turn her computer on and off and also turn her Pooh Movie on, and pause it and fast forward by pushing the space bar.
-Melanie can go poop on cue! When I am going to change her diaper, right before or as I am undressing her, I will tell her that I am going to change her diaper and ask her if she needs to go poop. She will then get really focused and bam, explosion, usually more than one. And then I will tell her "Good Job". She hates getting her diaper changed though, screams really, but she does like to have her bum wiped. And then she will usually calm down when I start putting her feet back in her sleeper outfit.
-She has some lungs, she can cry without taking a breath for forever, and then she will take a small breath and then go back to screaming again.
-She doesn't spit up, Julie was the same way. She only spit up if she got too much milk. Melanie has done that once, where she got too much milk and I knew it but she wanted it, and she spewed it all out after. But other than that, no spit ups!
-explosive poop - one of the first nights home, I was changing her diaper and as I took the diaper off, she let it out and got my hand. Kind of gross, Rob had to hurry and get the wipes out of the diaper bag, since I ran out.
-still working on breastfeeding, slow going, feels like I just pump and pump all day long. Well, at least every two and a half hours. And combine that with trying to breastfeed first, and then you pump if that doesn't work(hasn't yet), and then feeding with a bottle. Makes for a short time before your next feeding.
Update: She will latch on now, she just doesn't have a very strong suck and so after feeding her for 45 minutes I still have to pump after and give her 2 oz. of milk from a bottle. It is like she just can't suck it out.
I just love this cute little face.
These next faces just crack me up!
This is usually how Rob will hold her, while using the computer.
We put her in the crib the other day, and then we stuck Julie in there with her. Julie looks so huge!
Julie likes to climb in the crib, but she can't get back out.
Some cute napping shots.
Sometimes she reminds me so much of Julie, it is weird sometimes!
Julie likes to climb on the chair with you even if there is no room. She was helping feed Melanie here, and pointing to different parts of here face. She is usually pretty soft with her, but occasionally she will get a little aggressive.
Trying to get Julie to smile , and she wouldn't!
Life is crazy, and I really can't wait until Melanie gets nursing down. Nursing for an hour, and then pumping and feeding her on top of that is so not cool. I swear all she does is eat, I feed her and then she is hungry not to long after. Blah, oh well, life goes on! She is doing better and I am so grateful for the lactation specialist that I have been seeing, she has been such a big help, and I can already see the progress, she is latching on and her sucks are getting stronger.
I love/hate the newborn stage!
Julie loves to watch "The Tigger Movie" right now, you would think she would get bored of it by now. She watches it all the time, usually as background noise as she plays.
This blanket is the softest thing ever, it is a Saranoni blanket. I got it for Rob for Christmas, but it is heavy and so soft to cuddle with. Melanie loves to lay on it, and will always fall asleep.
-At Melanie's 5 day old appointment, she is already back to her birth weight and has grown a half an inch in length. We will find out her two weeks stats tomorrow!
Well, her two week stats are as follows
Weight: 8lbs 4.5oz. (75%)
Height: 21 3/4 inches (95%),
although can you grow more than an inch in two weeks, she was only 20 inches at birth.
Head: 14 1/4 inches (75%)
They also did another PKU test, they poke her little heal and squeeze blood out to fill like 6 circles up on this card they have. Not fun!
-Julie did call her "baby Melanie", a few times after waking up from one of her naps.
-"It"s okay, baby" "Come on, baby" "Wake up, baby", and she says these in her high pitched voice, like how we talk to newborns.
-She has an awake time from 1-3:30 in the morning, some days. This is not fun! The other night she was awake every hour and then from 3:00 to 5:00 was wide awake. I was SOOOOO tired this morning. Like I just didn't want to move. Got out of bed and then climbed onto the foot of my bed and laid back down again, and stayed there while Rob took care of Julie, and Melanie and I took another little snooze. It was a lazy morning also. I notice that when I read to Julie before nap time, I sometimes will put myself to sleep. The book will slip from my hands, or I will start slurring my words. Blah, definitely need more sleep. It will come eventually. Trying to get Julie on more of a routine with feedings(using BabyWise), so we can have better nights.
-I think I average about 2-4 hours of sleep at night.
Two week update: we have her on more of a schedule now, where she eats at 7:00a.m., 10:00a.m., 1:00p.m., 4:00p.m., 7:00p.m., and 10:00p.m., and then again at 12p.m. before we go to bed and she will sleep until 4, and will eat again and then sleep until 7. I just need to get myself down to bed earlier. So, now I am at least getting 5-6 hours of sleep.
-We mothers must have some super powers to be able to function on so little sleep. Usually after an hour or so in the morning after waking up and getting a shower I feel pretty good. Although I fall asleep while reading a story or nursing Melanie.
-Julie can turn her computer on and off and also turn her Pooh Movie on, and pause it and fast forward by pushing the space bar.
-Melanie can go poop on cue! When I am going to change her diaper, right before or as I am undressing her, I will tell her that I am going to change her diaper and ask her if she needs to go poop. She will then get really focused and bam, explosion, usually more than one. And then I will tell her "Good Job". She hates getting her diaper changed though, screams really, but she does like to have her bum wiped. And then she will usually calm down when I start putting her feet back in her sleeper outfit.
-She has some lungs, she can cry without taking a breath for forever, and then she will take a small breath and then go back to screaming again.
-She doesn't spit up, Julie was the same way. She only spit up if she got too much milk. Melanie has done that once, where she got too much milk and I knew it but she wanted it, and she spewed it all out after. But other than that, no spit ups!
-explosive poop - one of the first nights home, I was changing her diaper and as I took the diaper off, she let it out and got my hand. Kind of gross, Rob had to hurry and get the wipes out of the diaper bag, since I ran out.
-still working on breastfeeding, slow going, feels like I just pump and pump all day long. Well, at least every two and a half hours. And combine that with trying to breastfeed first, and then you pump if that doesn't work(hasn't yet), and then feeding with a bottle. Makes for a short time before your next feeding.
Update: She will latch on now, she just doesn't have a very strong suck and so after feeding her for 45 minutes I still have to pump after and give her 2 oz. of milk from a bottle. It is like she just can't suck it out.
I just love this cute little face.
These next faces just crack me up!
This is usually how Rob will hold her, while using the computer.
We put her in the crib the other day, and then we stuck Julie in there with her. Julie looks so huge!
Julie likes to climb in the crib, but she can't get back out.
Some cute napping shots.
Sometimes she reminds me so much of Julie, it is weird sometimes!
Julie likes to climb on the chair with you even if there is no room. She was helping feed Melanie here, and pointing to different parts of here face. She is usually pretty soft with her, but occasionally she will get a little aggressive.
Trying to get Julie to smile , and she wouldn't!
Life is crazy, and I really can't wait until Melanie gets nursing down. Nursing for an hour, and then pumping and feeding her on top of that is so not cool. I swear all she does is eat, I feed her and then she is hungry not to long after. Blah, oh well, life goes on! She is doing better and I am so grateful for the lactation specialist that I have been seeing, she has been such a big help, and I can already see the progress, she is latching on and her sucks are getting stronger.
I love/hate the newborn stage!













1 comment:
I really love the pics of the two girls in the crib! What a fun perspective. I wish, wish, wish I was close to help you out!! Newborns are so wonderful, but so tiring too. She'll soon start to smile and you'll just melt. :)
Post a Comment