We had Melanie's 2 Month check up on Monday and here are her measurements
Weight: 9lb 13.5oz (25%)
Height: 23 3/4in. (95%)
Head: 14 3/4in (20%)
Not so good with the weight area, but in the last two weeks she has gained almost a pound, since being on the medicine, it has helped and she eats a lot better. So from birth to now, it is not the kind of weight gain they like to see, but from two weeks ago, she is doing good. The doctor told us to add a little formula to my pumped breast milk before feeding her, and so tonight I opened up the can that the hospital gave us.
Bam, those cans are pressurized, I barely opened it and powder shot straight up at me, needless to say, Rob thought it was pretty funny.
-When they gave her her shots, she did not like the oral vaccine, and she screamed when they gave her the shots but calmed down pretty quick after. We gave her one dose of tylenol and she seemed pretty good after that since it was night time. No fever!
-When they gave her her shots, she did not like the oral vaccine, and she screamed when they gave her the shots but calmed down pretty quick after. We gave her one dose of tylenol and she seemed pretty good after that since it was night time. No fever!
-This kid is definitely not sleeping through the night, not even 3 hour stretches(she might have one close to 3 hour stretch, but I will feed her and then lay her down and she is awake wanting to eat again in an hour and a half. I try to hold her off with the binkie but that doesn't always work. Julie was sleeping through the night by 2 months and hopefully the added formula will help.
Update: The first time adding formula to her bottle, and she slept from 12:00 to 5:00, but then during the day she was starting to not drink her milk very well, might be that the milk is milk-based, so we have stopped with the formula and she is drinking her milk better again.
-She loves to sleep on her belly, so when we lay her down for tummy time, she falls asleep and she loves to lay on our chest and she will rub her face back and forth on our shirt when she is tired.
-Two weeks ago, she would have to be really relaxed to be able to drink her milk, and we would sometimes get halfway through and she would act like she was in pain and stop drinking. I would usually have to hold her laying on my legs while feeding her. Now, she is a lot better at drinking her bottle, and I can cradle her in my arms.
-We are now starting to lay her down in her porta crib in our room for part of the night, I get to a point closer to the morning that after feeding her and she is just content and asleep on my pillow, that I just leave her there so I can get my rest.
-We also have been putting her in her crib for nap times instead of just holding her.
-Not too fond of binkie, but will take it. Uses it more than Julie did, but not much.
-Smacks her lips after eating, like she is chewing the last bit of milk still in her mouth and makes little cooing noises.
-poops every few days, after being on the reflux medicine she went like two days without pooping, then she went on a stretch of 7 days, so I called and talked to a nurse at her pediatricians office and they gave me some tips to try and get her to poop, and that they should probably see her to listen to her bowels. So if she still hadn't pooped by the next morning I was going to take her in. After the phone call, I fed her and went into Julie's room and sat on the recliner. I have been reading about Elimination Communication and thought I would talk to her and tell her to go poop(it worked when she was just born, right before a diaper change I would tell her I was going to change her diaper and asked if she needed to poop, and she would go), so I talked to her and made grunting noises for about 20 minutes, and guess what, she went. After I would do a grunting noise, she would do it and I was holding her under her arms and had her legs in a squatting position and her face was real close to mine as I was talking to her and it was just awesome. And after going another couple days without pooping I did the same thing again today to get her to poop and she went.
-Doesn't always scream when changing her diaper any more
-When she is really mad, she has a scream to her cry, she has a pretty loud cry, and the scream is pretty loud. Hurts my ears!
-Pretty much exclusively bottle feeding and pumping. I will occasionally try to nurse her because it is nice having her close, but she still doesn't get very much out. And that is all right, this is what works for her right now, and maybe in a month or so she will be able to get more out. She has been eating 2 1/2-3oz. at each feeding every 2.5 to 3 hours.
-She is giving us more smiles and also talking a lot more frequently now.
-She has my eyes, she doesn't have an eye crease, except for a little one on her left eye. My eyes have since changed, but only since a few years ago. Chinese eyes.
As I was typing this post I realized I didn't have any recent pictures of Melanie(just herself), besides the ones where she is smiling. So I got one when Rob came home. So fun to see the clothes on her that Julie wore when she was little, she doesn't fill them in like Julie, but the length is what fit her right now.
-She will try to stick her whole fist in her mouth.
She looks like she is trying so hard to get her whole entire fist into her mouth, and she gets pretty close to.
I just can't get enough of her cute smile!
Update: The first time adding formula to her bottle, and she slept from 12:00 to 5:00, but then during the day she was starting to not drink her milk very well, might be that the milk is milk-based, so we have stopped with the formula and she is drinking her milk better again.
-She loves to sleep on her belly, so when we lay her down for tummy time, she falls asleep and she loves to lay on our chest and she will rub her face back and forth on our shirt when she is tired.
-Two weeks ago, she would have to be really relaxed to be able to drink her milk, and we would sometimes get halfway through and she would act like she was in pain and stop drinking. I would usually have to hold her laying on my legs while feeding her. Now, she is a lot better at drinking her bottle, and I can cradle her in my arms.
-We are now starting to lay her down in her porta crib in our room for part of the night, I get to a point closer to the morning that after feeding her and she is just content and asleep on my pillow, that I just leave her there so I can get my rest.
-We also have been putting her in her crib for nap times instead of just holding her.
-Not too fond of binkie, but will take it. Uses it more than Julie did, but not much.
-Smacks her lips after eating, like she is chewing the last bit of milk still in her mouth and makes little cooing noises.
-poops every few days, after being on the reflux medicine she went like two days without pooping, then she went on a stretch of 7 days, so I called and talked to a nurse at her pediatricians office and they gave me some tips to try and get her to poop, and that they should probably see her to listen to her bowels. So if she still hadn't pooped by the next morning I was going to take her in. After the phone call, I fed her and went into Julie's room and sat on the recliner. I have been reading about Elimination Communication and thought I would talk to her and tell her to go poop(it worked when she was just born, right before a diaper change I would tell her I was going to change her diaper and asked if she needed to poop, and she would go), so I talked to her and made grunting noises for about 20 minutes, and guess what, she went. After I would do a grunting noise, she would do it and I was holding her under her arms and had her legs in a squatting position and her face was real close to mine as I was talking to her and it was just awesome. And after going another couple days without pooping I did the same thing again today to get her to poop and she went.
-Doesn't always scream when changing her diaper any more
-When she is really mad, she has a scream to her cry, she has a pretty loud cry, and the scream is pretty loud. Hurts my ears!
-Pretty much exclusively bottle feeding and pumping. I will occasionally try to nurse her because it is nice having her close, but she still doesn't get very much out. And that is all right, this is what works for her right now, and maybe in a month or so she will be able to get more out. She has been eating 2 1/2-3oz. at each feeding every 2.5 to 3 hours.
-She is giving us more smiles and also talking a lot more frequently now.
-She has my eyes, she doesn't have an eye crease, except for a little one on her left eye. My eyes have since changed, but only since a few years ago. Chinese eyes.
As I was typing this post I realized I didn't have any recent pictures of Melanie(just herself), besides the ones where she is smiling. So I got one when Rob came home. So fun to see the clothes on her that Julie wore when she was little, she doesn't fill them in like Julie, but the length is what fit her right now.
-She will try to stick her whole fist in her mouth.
She looks like she is trying so hard to get her whole entire fist into her mouth, and she gets pretty close to.
I just can't get enough of her cute smile!













2 comments:
Oh, look at her darling smile! She is such a cutie! :)
What a sweet smile! I hope things are going better for you guys. Too funny about the formula explosion! :)
Post a Comment