-Only eats bread, cheese, milk, and an occasional apple, banana, orange. She will eat smoothies, so I try to get those in her as well. The pickiest eater ever, I am afraid she is going to blow away one of these days.
Although she ate really well tonight, after going to the store and asking if she wanted a red pepper, she did, and she carried it the whole time we were shopping. She fell asleep just before we were done, so I had to push the cart with one hand while holding onto her head. We got home and I cut it into strips for part of her dinner and she gobbled it up, plus she ate some toast, and peas, and a piece of bacon.
-Saying Mom, and Momma, and Mommy all the time right now. She will say, "Thanks Momma" or "Good Job, Mommy", just fun to listen to what comes out of her mouth. Oh, and "Momma, I have a runny nose"
-She gets frustrated really easy, and will get mad if she can't figure something out, she also has been super whiny, which drives me absolutely crazy.
-I lost my phone and was searching the house for it, and Julie said, "I will help you find it Mom", "Maybe we need a mouseketool to help us", she eventually was the one who found it and I thanked her, and she says, "Thank you for finding your phone, sweetheart" and she has to pat my head while saying it. Or "Your such a good helper Mom, thank you"
-She had been sleeping on the couch while getting over her cold so Melanie and Julie don't wake each other up, and so it takes Julie sometimes a little longer to fall asleep. The other day, she asked me,"Mom can you stay right here until I fall asleep", and then she wraps her arm around my neck and holds me there while saying "I love you, I love you Mommy", she will say it until I say it myself at least a few times. So cute.
-She has been very thoughtful lately, even after changing a diaper(hates her diaper changed, hopefully one of these days she will get the lightbulb and realize it is better to use the potty), she will say amist tears, "Thank you for changing my diaper, Mommy". She always tells me thank you after changing her, even though she fights me every time. I have to chase after her to change her. But, she is always saying thank you, "Thank you for helping me find my toy", and after getting her some milk. Just so fun to hear.
-If she has had a lot of milk, I will tell her she can have water, to which she says, "I want just half a milk", meaning half a glass.
-Loves containers of any kind, if there is something in it and she wants to use it, she will dump it out. Trying to organize her stuff, and she would just rather play with an empty container, or arrange her toys how she wants them. Goodness!
-Her favorite thing to watch is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, she will watch it all day if I let her. Some others are Pocoyo and TuTiTu, those last two are youtube channels that she watches while I get ready.
-Went to visit my sister and her family for their sons baby blessing, and so we decided to turn her car seat around. I know, people always get on me about still having her rear facing and I don't really care. It is so much SAFER rear facing, and after I had a 3 day class on car seats for work, I really know it is safer. So just know Melanie will be rear facing for that long or even longer. Julie still would be rear facing, but with having a long car ride, and having a DVD player in the car, we thought it would make the trip a little nicer for her. Really though, it was Rob who turned it around, she still had two more inches according to the manufacturers recommendations until we needed to turn her forward facing. Oh well, I guess 3 years is a good time to turn her forward. I was going to turn her back around when we got home, but she likes it this way now. Sometimes when I make a left turn and a car is coming, but will be turning right, and I go and she sees the car coming toward us and she will say, "Whoa, watch out Mom", she is a good little back seat driver, we have found.
She is playing with Melanie a lot more, I can ask her to go and make Melanie happy, and she will go and giggle in her face. Just having Julie around while Melanie is playing on the floor makes Melanie happy. I will ask Julie what she is doing and she will say, "I am playing with Melanie"
Julie sure can make a mess, it is so hard to keep this room presentable, I even got 3 more baskets to organize and it still is a mess.
My little cutie, with her duplo that she uses as her camera and her pretend cookie, she will bring me food on a plate during the day, and tell me, "Mom, I brought you some food".
Mornings around her can be slow, and sometimes Julie stays in her jammies until after lunchtime.
Julie likes to dump out all the contents of every basket we have, and then use them how she wants them. Here she dumped out all the books onto the couch, and the basket is next to the couch, then there is the brown basket that had all the stuffed animals in it, and she thought it would be better used for her Winnie the Pooh puzzle pieces, and then the other blue basket that I believe had more books in it, that she wanted to use as a bathtub.
Can you see her bathtub here, she is using her magna doodle as a faucet(the string from the pencil), and she uses the circle magnet to turn the water on. Love her imagination.
And here are the puzzle pieces.
Julie decided it would be fun to lay on top of my while I was taking some pictures of Melanie on the floor.
Hiding herself after dumping all the books.
Laying on the floor, playing house with the back of a semi.
She finds nice little places for her fairy people to take naps, the handles of the duplo container.
Love this girl with all her creativeness.
Here is a clever one, she made her own piano, and see how they are even off center. She will sit in front of it and pretend to play.
Julie loves frozen blueberries, she will ask for them occasionally, but usually when we make a smoothie she wants to have some plain. Showing me her purple mouth.
And purple fingers.
Been playing a lot lately with her Fairy House.
And I had thought I made her 3 year check up, but I hadn't so I called to schedule it and couldn't get in until March 25, darn it. But they put me on the cancellation list and we got an appointment today. So her stats at 3 years old are:
Weight: 35lb (85%)
Height: 40in. (92%)
Head: 19in. (45%), although neither Rob or I saw them measure her head.
She is doing amazing and got her blood pressure taken for the first time, which was normal. She is doing awesome and now we just encourage and wait for her to be ready to be potty trained.
Love this kid!
Although she ate really well tonight, after going to the store and asking if she wanted a red pepper, she did, and she carried it the whole time we were shopping. She fell asleep just before we were done, so I had to push the cart with one hand while holding onto her head. We got home and I cut it into strips for part of her dinner and she gobbled it up, plus she ate some toast, and peas, and a piece of bacon.
-Saying Mom, and Momma, and Mommy all the time right now. She will say, "Thanks Momma" or "Good Job, Mommy", just fun to listen to what comes out of her mouth. Oh, and "Momma, I have a runny nose"
-She gets frustrated really easy, and will get mad if she can't figure something out, she also has been super whiny, which drives me absolutely crazy.
-I lost my phone and was searching the house for it, and Julie said, "I will help you find it Mom", "Maybe we need a mouseketool to help us", she eventually was the one who found it and I thanked her, and she says, "Thank you for finding your phone, sweetheart" and she has to pat my head while saying it. Or "Your such a good helper Mom, thank you"
-She had been sleeping on the couch while getting over her cold so Melanie and Julie don't wake each other up, and so it takes Julie sometimes a little longer to fall asleep. The other day, she asked me,"Mom can you stay right here until I fall asleep", and then she wraps her arm around my neck and holds me there while saying "I love you, I love you Mommy", she will say it until I say it myself at least a few times. So cute.
-She has been very thoughtful lately, even after changing a diaper(hates her diaper changed, hopefully one of these days she will get the lightbulb and realize it is better to use the potty), she will say amist tears, "Thank you for changing my diaper, Mommy". She always tells me thank you after changing her, even though she fights me every time. I have to chase after her to change her. But, she is always saying thank you, "Thank you for helping me find my toy", and after getting her some milk. Just so fun to hear.
-If she has had a lot of milk, I will tell her she can have water, to which she says, "I want just half a milk", meaning half a glass.
-Loves containers of any kind, if there is something in it and she wants to use it, she will dump it out. Trying to organize her stuff, and she would just rather play with an empty container, or arrange her toys how she wants them. Goodness!
-Her favorite thing to watch is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, she will watch it all day if I let her. Some others are Pocoyo and TuTiTu, those last two are youtube channels that she watches while I get ready.
-Went to visit my sister and her family for their sons baby blessing, and so we decided to turn her car seat around. I know, people always get on me about still having her rear facing and I don't really care. It is so much SAFER rear facing, and after I had a 3 day class on car seats for work, I really know it is safer. So just know Melanie will be rear facing for that long or even longer. Julie still would be rear facing, but with having a long car ride, and having a DVD player in the car, we thought it would make the trip a little nicer for her. Really though, it was Rob who turned it around, she still had two more inches according to the manufacturers recommendations until we needed to turn her forward facing. Oh well, I guess 3 years is a good time to turn her forward. I was going to turn her back around when we got home, but she likes it this way now. Sometimes when I make a left turn and a car is coming, but will be turning right, and I go and she sees the car coming toward us and she will say, "Whoa, watch out Mom", she is a good little back seat driver, we have found.
She is playing with Melanie a lot more, I can ask her to go and make Melanie happy, and she will go and giggle in her face. Just having Julie around while Melanie is playing on the floor makes Melanie happy. I will ask Julie what she is doing and she will say, "I am playing with Melanie"
Julie sure can make a mess, it is so hard to keep this room presentable, I even got 3 more baskets to organize and it still is a mess.
My little cutie, with her duplo that she uses as her camera and her pretend cookie, she will bring me food on a plate during the day, and tell me, "Mom, I brought you some food".
Mornings around her can be slow, and sometimes Julie stays in her jammies until after lunchtime.
Julie likes to dump out all the contents of every basket we have, and then use them how she wants them. Here she dumped out all the books onto the couch, and the basket is next to the couch, then there is the brown basket that had all the stuffed animals in it, and she thought it would be better used for her Winnie the Pooh puzzle pieces, and then the other blue basket that I believe had more books in it, that she wanted to use as a bathtub.
Can you see her bathtub here, she is using her magna doodle as a faucet(the string from the pencil), and she uses the circle magnet to turn the water on. Love her imagination.
And here are the puzzle pieces.
Julie decided it would be fun to lay on top of my while I was taking some pictures of Melanie on the floor.
Hiding herself after dumping all the books.
Laying on the floor, playing house with the back of a semi.
She finds nice little places for her fairy people to take naps, the handles of the duplo container.
Love this girl with all her creativeness.
Here is a clever one, she made her own piano, and see how they are even off center. She will sit in front of it and pretend to play.
Julie loves frozen blueberries, she will ask for them occasionally, but usually when we make a smoothie she wants to have some plain. Showing me her purple mouth.
And purple fingers.
Been playing a lot lately with her Fairy House.
And I had thought I made her 3 year check up, but I hadn't so I called to schedule it and couldn't get in until March 25, darn it. But they put me on the cancellation list and we got an appointment today. So her stats at 3 years old are:
Weight: 35lb (85%)
Height: 40in. (92%)
Head: 19in. (45%), although neither Rob or I saw them measure her head.
She is doing amazing and got her blood pressure taken for the first time, which was normal. She is doing awesome and now we just encourage and wait for her to be ready to be potty trained.
Love this kid!













No comments:
Post a Comment