Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Random Happenings

Made this hat for Melanie, she is able to pull it off, darn it. This is one of the patterns that I really love, and I made another hat like this for Melanie, but it does not fit, so I might just have to do a giveaway, we shall see.
I think these hats are just so fun, I still need to add a cute flower though.
Julie wanted to play out in the snow the other day, since it was no longer single digit temperatures or negative temps for that matter. My mom picked up a snowsuit at Wal-Mart for me and we bundled both kids up and headed outside. (I think it is strange that Julie still fits into this coat, she wore it last year and it still fits great this year, except for the arms are a little short, and she also wore the same shoes she wore last year. I guess she is just growing lengthwise, although some of her other shoes she has outgrown, maybe they are magical shoes, because I thought for sure we would have had to buy her new shoes for the winter.)
Got Melanie all bundled too, and it took forever to get both kids ready. Melanie sure looks thrilled doesn't she, she just rolls with things around here.
Julie wanted to shovel snow into this little bucket, and then she wanted me to finish filling it up.
Here is Melanie taking it all in.
Julie wanted me to shovel a pathway in the snow, I told her that you just walk through it. She got part way and then stopped, and I had to hold her hand as we walked to the swingset. I think she has never seen anyone "play" in the snow before. I don't think she really knows what to do, if I wasn't holding Melanie, I would have showed her a little bit more. So, we walked to the swingset and back. That was about the extent of our outing outside, probably lasted 5 minutes. Oh well.
Last year she would freak out even walking through the snow, so I guess she is better than she was.
 Sometimes I wish I could just through all technology out the window. I have been having to pull this tablet away from Julie, so she doesn't use it all day long. It has a lot of educational games on it and books, but it also has other things on it that she doesn't need or know how to do. Love it and hate it.
 Melanie still holds her own bottle.
 Some days I can really see a lot of me in Julie, I need to scan in my first grade picture and compare the two.
 Melanie loves to be upside down, and Rob has been walking the kids on the ceiling lately, as you can see, she loves it. It is one of the only ways we can get her body all straight too.
 And this little lady can sit, but she likes to still fling herself backwards. Sitting only lasts a few seconds, but she can do it.
 Silly kid, but she is doing so much better and getting stronger.
 Got Julie to eat some cucumbers after demonstrating how to put them on her eyes, she thought that was pretty funny. She ate 2 and a half cucumbers in one sitting once, they were the small ones.
 Rob will be holding Melanie, and she will look back at Rob until he looks at her, then she will give a big grin and turn herself forward, and then she will look at Rob and wait until he looks at her and she will give him another big grin and turn back forward, she does this over and over.
 Found a way to work her arms, lay her on the boppy and she will push up with her hands to get off. Rob has also found that if he puts her on the floor on her stomach and then lays down in front of her with his head in front of her, she will reach for his hair and then Rob will scoot back and she will scoot a little bit to reach it. So funny the things he comes up with.
 -Julie loves to go grocery shopping with me, she loves to ride in the cart with the steering wheel. 
And I am so ready for this winter to be over so we can get outside more.

2 comments:

The Morreys said...

I love that Rob has the kids walk on the ceiling. Too funny!!

Ryan and Michelle said...

I'm with you on the technology!

So fun to see how Rob plays with the girls. Looks like Melanie came up with her own version of peek-a-boo with him!