Friday, March 8, 2013

Check this out...!

Look at this, Melanie is playing in wet, gooey oatmeal, and eating a little as well.
 It is all over her hands, and she is loving it and talks every time I stick a soaked cheerio in her mouth.
 This is definitely a new thing for her, usually if she touches anything wet or slimy, her hands instantly go up and away from it. But she was loving the oatmeal and would have to grab the spoon above the handle and shove it into her mouth herself, which eventually led to her playing with the spoon also. This was a happy day, I could not believe what I was seeing.
She also will put her hand to her mouth if some food is going to fall out and she will push it back in. And she will try to reach and pick up her cheerios or other food. Making progress. So cool!