Monday, March 11, 2013

Night Time Feedings

Melanie still mostly gets up during the night to eat. And although I don't love getting up, I am kind of used to it and I just love sitting in the recliner and cuddling with her while she drinks her bottle. A lot of the time it is before I go to bed anyway, or right as I am getting ready to fall asleep. Sometimes she will be awake and will just stare up at me and occasionally smile, and other times she is mostly asleep. And other times she is asleep, and will wake up at the end and stare up at me. I love it all. 
The other night, she was pretty much asleep, but managed to be awake enough to reach up for my hair, with eyes closed and "knowing" that mommy's hair was there, she would reach up and grab at my hair and pull it through her fingers a few times, and then her hand would slowly drift back down to her lap, then she would do this again. For the most part I Love feeling of her pulling my hair and letting it run through her fingers to the end, except for when she gets a tangle or one or two strands and starts pulling out my hair. That is usually when I put my hair behind my back. But oh how I love that time at night. She has slept through the night a little(and I mean little) more frequently lately, and I know I could probably just let her cry it out(which I am a believer in crying it out), it is just so hard when I didn't really have to do that with Julie and I am just putting it off with Melanie. One of these days I will do it.

No comments: