Thursday, July 18, 2013

Swimming

We just finished a parent taught swim lesson class. My sister in law Heidi got me to sign up and then her little boy Matthew got a spider bite that got infected the day of swimming(so bummed they would not be there), and since my mom was helping me and it would cost $5 per child to reschedule, we just went as scheduled. It was a long two weeks, it started at 5:20, so we got done at 6:00 and so we had some quick dinners. In all it was good, it got them exposed to the water. They both still have a ways to go, but this is just the first step. Julie is a lot more comfortable in the water now, she can float if she wants to, but likes to cling to us every time we turn her over. Her real issue was getting her face wet, especially her ears. And she is fine now with that, she even did bubbles in the water the last two days of swimming. One of the days, we hurried home from a funeral in Salt Lake and I thought we really wouldn't make it, I think it was the fastest we have ever got undressed and dressed. We were both unbuttoning things before we even pulled in the garage. I told Julie to get all her clothes off, and she did. We got there just as they were getting in the pool. Rob was able to come that day, and then he also came on the last day, since my mom and dad took my sister out to dinner while she is visiting for a few days. I had my mom come at the first to get some pictures and a little video, since it was our last day.
 I am so glad my mom was able to help out, so that we could do both kids at the same time.
 Melanie did pretty good, she would get cold and then basically just wanted to be held. We would lay her on her back to float and she would just lift her legs in the air and to her chest. Or if she got water in her mouth she was done also.
 We had fun, but I am glad it is over to. It was a good experience and I think both Julie and Melanie benefited from it. My mom also took some video, we will see if I can get that loaded. Ha!

No comments: