Monday, December 1, 2008

The Christmas Season is here!!

Well, the day after Thanksgiving I broke out the Christmas decorations. I did all the decorations myself, because I have to arrange the decorations on the tree just right. Two of the same ornaments can't be right next to each other. The tree needs to be balanced. In the future I will need another tree that the kids can help decorate and I won't care where they put the ornaments.


I made this tree when we were first married and it has worked just great for us. I also bought a grouping of three trees last year that were to go outside but they kept falling over so I decided to keep them in this year and decorate with leftover ornaments since I bought new ornaments this year.

After getting everything set up I realized I missed one very important thing when setting up Christmas. The Christmas MUSIC, how did I forget that! Probably because we don't ever have the radio on and so we are used to the quiet. I will have to remember to turn on the Christmas music more often this month.

6 comments:

Zilles Fam said...

Way way way cute!!! Can you make a quick trip to Colorado and help me decorate?? It looks very classy!

Wendy said...

That is so beautiful! What an eye you have. After you stop at Nicole's - come down and give me some pointers!

Heather Taylor Photography said...

LOVE what you've done with the tree!! It's so pretty!

And I'm totally laughing here because I'm about to do a similar post. I just hope our tree doesn't make you squirm when you come this weekend- haha!!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Your house as always looks amazing! !!
Did you get my email? Your maiden name is Findlay right?

Ryan and Michelle said...

Quiet? What is this word you speak of? I like the 3 tree setup you've got going. One year I decided I wanted 3 trees and got a set of pre-lit trees for a really good price. I didn't want them to be pre-lit and tried to perform a light-botomy. To make a long story short we now have a box of 3 mangled trees in storage, that I'm too stubborn to throw out yet.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Lacey said...

Way cute Christmas decor! Your tree(s) are beautiful!