Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!!

As I was getting ready for the day today I started to see the sun peeking through the blinds and I looked outside and saw blue sky's with those few clouds around. The crisp snow just glowing from the morning sun. We have not seen the sun in a few days from all the snow we have been getting. Perfect weather for Christmas Eve, I love crisp snow covered mornings like these, it just makes me smile.
I took these on my way to pick up some last minute gifts, don't worry, there was no cars around and I was driving really slow. Such a gorgeous morning.


My grandpa A. was able to come down on Sunday and will be with us until this Friday, my grandma and grandpa would always come to our house on Christmas Eve and we would have Christmas Eve dinner with them and also with my Aunt and her kids. Ever since I can remember we have done this.
There has been a few years where they have missed, and with my grandma passing away at the beginning of this year, it is nice to have my grandpa here to celebrate the holidays with us. We sat around the table tonight and just talked, laughed, and had a good time.

I am not a huge fan of Egg Nog (why I only have a little in my glass), but you cannot have Christmas Eve dinner without it. The only way to drink it is to mix it with Sprite or 7-up, gives it a little fiz and doesn't make it as strong.

This is my brother and sister having a good ol time before dinner started.

Rob was starting to get tired so he rested on the couch before we ate. He is wearing his Ghostbusters shirt that he loves, our brother-in-law got it for him a while back. I bet you can't guess what it says on the back of the shirt?
"Who you gonna call?"


We decided we would make two snow forts tomorrow morning and have a snowball fight before we get ready for the day. We have never done this before and so we will see how it goes. I think I am going to freeze because I don't have any snow pants or boots, so I might end early.
Well, we are getting ready to read the Christmas Story and then play games and do whatever before we go to bed.
We wish everyone a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas, and hope everyone is safe and well. And never forget the real meaning we celebrate Christmas, it is more than just gifts, it is the wonderful birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. Never forget that.
We love you all.

1 comment:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

Oooh, such pretty pictures! Those first ones look waaaaaaay too cold though. :) Hope you guys had a great holiday- we'll see you soon!