For one of our family Christmas parties this year we were asked to bring a fruit salad, so I decided to bring my moms yummy pretzel salad. It is so good and everyone seems to love it. I decided I would post in online so everyone could enjoy the yummy goodness. It works all year round. We have it at about every family get together.
Pretzel Salad

Bottom Layer:
2 cups crushed pretzels
1/2 cup melted butter
3 T. sugar
Mix well and press evenly into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 min.
Cool completely.

Middle Layer:
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese
1 - 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 8 oz. Cool Whip
Mix cheese and powdered sugar well. Add pineapple and mix well. Add Cool Whip and fold together. Spread over cooled crust.

Top Layer:
1 large pkg. raspberry jello dissolved in 1 1/2 cup boiling water. Add 1 1/2 cup cold water and 1 pkg. frozen raspberries. Stir well and refrigerate just until jello begins to thicken. Pour over the cream cheese layer and refrigerate until set.
The jello should look like the consistency of egg yokes before you pour onto the cream cheese layer.
Serves 24.













1 comment:
Thank you for posting the famous recipe. I love your salad. It is so delicious. You sure are a great cook. I can't wait to make it.
Post a Comment