Well, I am starting my 3rd trimester today, so very exciting! I am starting to get a little bit of heartburn, but not to bad yet. Just enough to be annoying and cause discomfort. My stomach muscles have been starting to hurt a lot more. On my walks for the past two days, I cannot walk as fast and it takes more energy. I also feel like my stomach is weighing a lot more, and I just want to hold it up. She is still moving like crazy, which is so fun to feel. And no maternity clothes yet, other than Downeast maternity shirts. I still can't find any pants, so I guess I will have to make do with what I have or just where sweats all the time. Only 3 more months left anyway. Here is the 28 week picture:

Tuesday morning I heard on the radio that the Health Department got a new shipment of H1N1 vaccine in. So, I checked my phone to see if Rob had heard, and there were 4 missed calls. Rob left a message and said that he just got the vaccine and that there was no wait. My mom also called and told me about them getting more vaccinations in. So, we drove the bus over there after our morning run, and got there about 9:00, my driver dropped me off and went and parked the bus. I walked around the corner and there was a line, so I thought I would be waiting for a while. The line was actually moving pretty quick and we were out of there in about 40 minutes. So, now Rob and I are vaccinated, but we still need to be careful(they say it takes about 10 days for your body to become immune to the virus). I am just glad we finally got it. With so many kids getting sick on the bus and some of our families actually getting the swine flu, I was a little nervous going to work.
I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my crib bedding, and once I do I will post pictures, but just of the crib, I do not have the room done yet. I just want it to be a surprise, so maybe I won't post pictures at all until I am totally finished. We shall see!
On another note: Rob is wonderful, it is so much fun to see him get so excited about everything. He is going to be an excellent Dad! He says he can't wait 3 more months, and I just tell him that he is going to have to because this baby has got to stay in there until she is good and ready.
He got his sleeping pad that goes with his sleeping bag today, and so he put it all together and was so excited to show me that he could fit into it with his legs straight. Here is my little goof ball.

We have been making these Jamba like smoothies every night for a while now, so I can get more fruits in me. I like the freshest fruit and if it is not fresh I do not buy it. So, next best thing is frozen fruit, and what do you do with frozen fruit. You mix it in the blender so there are absolutely no chunks, with other yummy things to make a smoothie. Mmmmmm, they are so good, Rob looks forward to it every night. And frankly, so do I.
They are super easy, all I do is mix orange juice, with creamy strawberry(or whatever flavor you have) Yoplait yogurt, and mixed fruit. I never measure, I just through everything in and blend away. You should try it! So healthy for you also!

I am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my crib bedding, and once I do I will post pictures, but just of the crib, I do not have the room done yet. I just want it to be a surprise, so maybe I won't post pictures at all until I am totally finished. We shall see!
On another note: Rob is wonderful, it is so much fun to see him get so excited about everything. He is going to be an excellent Dad! He says he can't wait 3 more months, and I just tell him that he is going to have to because this baby has got to stay in there until she is good and ready.
He got his sleeping pad that goes with his sleeping bag today, and so he put it all together and was so excited to show me that he could fit into it with his legs straight. Here is my little goof ball.
They are super easy, all I do is mix orange juice, with creamy strawberry(or whatever flavor you have) Yoplait yogurt, and mixed fruit. I never measure, I just through everything in and blend away. You should try it! So healthy for you also!













8 comments:
You are looking good Christine! I made fruit smoothies all the time while I was prego too... how funny.
Your smoothies look divine, Rob's sleeping bag looks comfy and cozy, and you look great! Sounds like your just experiencing all the fun, normal pregnancy stuff. I'm glad that you got the shot, sounds like we must have been right behind you in line (though obviously I didn't see you, or we would have said hi). :)
P.S. We only heard about the vaccines being available because Rob told Steve at work, so super big thanks to Rob!
We have an appointment to get the kids vaccinated today. What a pain it has been finding it! Our county health department thankfully decided to take appointments than have everyone just line up. Too bad that Kyle and I can't get it too.
I craved smoothies and popsicles while I was pregnant with Brooklyn. Your pictures make me want one now. So yummy!
I'll have to try out your smoothies - they look really yummy:) These next three months will just fly by! I can hardly believe that I am a week away from my due date.
I am so very excited for you both. You guys are going to be wonderful parents. Those smoothies look great. I will have to try making them sometime. I can't wait to see how you decorate the baby's room.
Glad that Rob got some cool new camping gear that he can give to me when he realizes that with a new baby he ain't going camping for a long time. I agree that he'll make a great dad too. He's going to have a lot of cool gadgets for the kids to play with.
Michelle says you make a very cute pregnant lady. The smoothies look very yummy too.
Those smoothies look delicious, and you look great! Can't wait to see the baby's room! :)
Post a Comment