Thursday, November 12, 2009

29 Weeks and Bedding

Last Thursday my bedding arrived, and I was so excited because it was not supposed to arrive until Saturday. I opened everything and tried it out, it looked good so I put the sheets, bed skirt, and the drapes in the wash. Then I ironed them and was ready to put it all together. The sheet was the hardest thing to put on, I have to take the whole mattress out to get the sheet on. What a pain. After getting it all put together, I then put the mobile together and fastened it to the crib. Everything was complete and it looked amazing. Here is the finished product, although the room is not complete yet, so here is just a picture of the crib. I plan on painting the walls and getting new blinds and hanging pictures, but for now I will just post a picture of the crib, the big reveal will have to wait. Although, I don't think it will be that big of a reveal once everything is complete.

I am so excited, it is so cute and I love it. The colors are just so fun, not quite what I had in mind when I first started looking at bedding, but I always came back to this crib set, it just popped out at me and so I finally made up my mind and got it. And babies love color, don't they?

Here I am in week 29, and I am feeling some backaches and some fanny pains, and some all around stretching. I know most of you won't believe this, but I have gained 25 pounds so far, and if I keep that up and gain a pound a week until I deliver, I will have gained the amount the doctor wanted me to gain. Yeah!

I found a pair of maternity jeans from GAPmaternity that are long enough, but they are around 80 dollars, is it really worth that much money to buy them for my last 3 months of pregnancy? I just don't know, probably. It is not like I am only going to be pregnant once, I guess I will be able to wear them again.
Yeah, I have a coupon code for Gap and now my pants are only 55 dollars, I think I can handle that price a lot better. Yeah for sales!

7 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

LOVE the bedding!! So, so cute!

And I say go for the pants. Like you said, you'll be wearing them more than once! And my friend/neighbor works at GAP and she gave me an employee's discount coupon, though I'm not sure if it'll be better than what you're getting. Anyway, if you want me to go pick some up for you this weekend and bring them Sunday, I'd be happy to. (Really, I don't mind.... Tai Pan just moved in right next to the GAP... lol!)

And thanks for getting that bag for me! :)

Tracina said...

Oh you look so cute and I love the bedding (my mother-in-law always makes my baby bedding herself but I think I would like to pick my own stuff out at least one of my kids...Don't tell anyone I said that cuz it makes me sound ungrateful but I truley am.) The crib looks almost just like ours. I am coming to figure out that we like a lot of the same things.

bobandhaley said...

The price of the pants are totally worth it! Trust me, maternity pants are a lot more comfortable on your tummy, plus it is nice to wear them for a few days after the birth when you still have a little gut. They help to pull everything in (at leas it did for me... I would suggest getting a belly band or a girdle to help make yourself feel like a normal sized person again.)

bobandhaley said...

oh, and I was reading in one of my baby books today and it said that bedding with bright and contrasting colors is good for baby when they are first born, so good job on the bedding! It is really cute!

Lacey said...

I really love the bedding. The colors and the butterflies are just perfect for a little girl!

amber said...

Get the pants! The last little while is the most uncomfortable, so if you have pants that fit and you love IT IS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

Ryan and Michelle said...

Don't worry, after a couple of nights of wet sheets, you will become a pro at changing crib sheets... Actually you should work it out so Rob becomes the pro.