Well, Monday, Rob left for four days to Virginia for a business trip and so I was all by myself. Since it was supposed to snow on Tuesday I asked my parents if they could come over and pick my apples off of my trees. They did and we got 3 boxes of red apples and a half box of yellow apples. Thanks so much mom and dad!
While they were picking apples off of the tree I mowed the leaves and grass in the front yard, I could only make one swipe around before the bag was full and I had to empty it into the wheelbarrow and dump them in the garden in the back. Kind of tiring, but I got half the front yard done and then the other half was a little too thick with leaves, so my mom and dad were raking and my wonderful neighbor Martha and her son-in-law and daughter came over and also helped. They put the leaves on a tarp and hauled them to the garden. What great neighbors, and I surely appreciated the help. I finished up the front yard and then put the mower away since it was getting dark. I was hoping to get the backyard mowed, but I was grateful to be able to get all the leaves off the front yard before the snow came. There was not too many leaves fallen in the back yet.
So after that my parents left and I ate some dinner and then I took my sister to the Pumpkin Walk, we got there and were going to park and we noticed the line was out the front entrance and around the corner and all the way down the sidewalk. I said, no way can I stand in that line for that long, being that it was cold and I was pregnant and had just worked myself in the yard, so my stomach was kind of sore. We turned around and headed home and decided to go on Tuesday.
So, on Tuesday I woke up to snow on the ground and freezing temperatures, and all the rest of the leaves that were on the trees fell. After work, I picked up my sister Katie and we went to the Pumpkin Walk. Guess what? No lines, we got started just as it started to snow pretty good, so I used my umbrella and we walked around pretty quickly since I forgot my gloves and my hands got pretty cold from holding the umbrella. We were done pretty quick. My pant legs were soaked from the snow and we were pretty frozen, but I was able to get a few pictures. We had a good time anyways, even though it was COLD!


The snow that was falling, kept on falling and we got a good couple of inches. The rest of the night I didn't feel like doing anything, so I didn't. Just call me lazy. I talked to Rob and went to bed.
So, on Tuesday I woke up to snow on the ground and freezing temperatures, and all the rest of the leaves that were on the trees fell. After work, I picked up my sister Katie and we went to the Pumpkin Walk. Guess what? No lines, we got started just as it started to snow pretty good, so I used my umbrella and we walked around pretty quickly since I forgot my gloves and my hands got pretty cold from holding the umbrella. We were done pretty quick. My pant legs were soaked from the snow and we were pretty frozen, but I was able to get a few pictures. We had a good time anyways, even though it was COLD!
On Wednesday, I finally got some Halloween candy for all the little trick or treaters. And, I am now 27 weeks, Rob usually takes a picture for me, but since he is gone I will have to wait until he gets home Thursday. I am still feeling good. My doctors appointment went well, I am measuring small, around 25 cm, but because this is my first pregnancy, my muscles are not stretched yet. Which probably is why I don't feel like I am getting any bigger. Everything else is going great!
Thursday, Rob came home from Virginia, and I was so happy to have him back home. He was super tired since he had to get up at 2:00a.m.(our time) to catch his plane home. He got home about 3:00p.m.! We just had a lazy evening together.
On Saturday we purchased a mattress , and also the Baby Bedding. Yeah! Two more things to check off my list, I will have to post pics when I get it all put together. Oh, I am so excited!













3 comments:
Glad you were able to have a good time at the pumpkin walk! I miss taking my kids there.
Love the red shirt on you- very cute. :) Can't wait to see the bedding and everything put together!
We too miss the pumpkin walk. You look so cute!! I can't wait to see pictures of your crib and bedding, but be warned that putting it together is going to make you even more anxious for your sweetie to come! That's what happened to me.
Yay for bedding and the mattress! Glaf that Rob made it home and that you were able to get so much done before it snowed!
Post a Comment