Wednesday, December 16, 2009

34 weeks!

34 weeks! We went down south this last weekend to visit family and get maternity pictures taken. And we also went to Baby's R Us to get a car seat and other baby items. We got the new Graco Snugride 35. I am just glad we finally have a car seat. We have been getting everything ready for the big day, whenever it arrives. I am not quite as sore as I was, I think it depends on what I do or don't do, meaning the walks everyday that have slowly dwindled to nothing. Those walks sure have made a difference. While in Baby's R Us, there was a point halfway through that my stomach just started to hurt and walking made it worse, so I was walking around really slow. It kind of made me nervous. So, we purchased our items and got something to eat at Subway and headed back to my brother and sister n laws. It was better by then, but it was sure weird. We went up Thursday and headed home Friday around 6:30p.m. which I am glad we came home when we did. The next day the snow hit and I sure didn't want to drive home in that. We had a fabulous time visiting and playing with the kids.
And I have taken my wedding ring off since my fingers are getting fatter. I usually take it off when I put lotion on and I have to put lotion around my knuckle to even get the ring to come off. It is kind of depressing. I will have to find me a cheap one to wear until I can wear my wedding ring again. Hopefully that won't be too long.

At my doctors appointment on Monday, everything is looking good. I am measuring 34 cm, which is right on, and I am gaining the weight that I need to. The doc says I should be feeling some contractions now, although I already have the Braxton Hicks contractions all the time. He also said if I go into labor after 35 weeks he won't stop me. I have 6 weeks left or less if I come early. I have not gotten any stretch marks which I am excited about. Not that anyone will ever see, just means I have elastic skin. I am feeling much better, not so sore anymore. The doctor said it could be from getting too much calcium. Plus, I think a big part of it is the exercise, I noticed a huge difference since not being very consistent in my walking and prenatal exercising. So, I have got to stick with that. My next appointment is in two weeks and then every week after that.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

I want to see how your maternity pictures turn out when you get them back! :) With the car seat ready now it sounds like you guys really could be ready whenever this Little Darling decides to make her appearance. I'm so glad you've had such a nice pregnancy. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well! Braxton Hicks are no fun though. Congrats on no stretch marks: ) I thought I had escaped pregnancy without them but got a couple the last few weeks after the baby dropped down, bummer.

Jamie Younker said...

Oh. My. Goodness!

Apparently I'm a super awesome friend who hasn't checked your blog in about 8 1/2 months! :) SHEESH!

So happy you're having a baby! I can't believe how innnnncredible you look! Holy cow! Do you have any names picked out? WOW! So exciting!

Promise to keep up with your blog better now :)
CONGRATS!