Saturday, April 17, 2010

Electric Pressure Cooker

For Christmas I actually got two of these:


I love it, I have only used it twice so far and I made the same thing, but it was super easy and I am excited to use it a lot more.
The first recipe I tried was Rice Pilaf, to show you how easy this recipe was I will show you threw pictures.
First-butter, just plop 1 and a 1/2 Tbsp. butter in the pan and set the cooker to Saute. Let it melt and get hot for about 2 minutes.

Second: Add chopped celery, carrots, and onions. Stir and saute for another 2 minutes.

Third: Add 2 cups rice and stir for about 2 minutes until riced turns opaque.

Fourth: Add broth, and salt. Stir and put on lid and lock. Then you turn the pressure cooker to High Pressure and set for 3 minutes and push start. It builds up pressure and then the timer starts, once it beeps after 3 minutes, you will wait for another 3 minutes and then use the quick pressure release and it will release all the steam. The float valve will drop and the lid will unlock so you can lift the lid off.

Fluff the rice up and your ready to go.

So super quick and simple. You cannot open the lid until it is safe. Now all that is left is to enjoy the yummy goodness.

3 comments:

David and Amy said...

Looks delicious! I'm going to have to try something like this!

clair said...

Mmmm... looks so good. I just told my husband I want a pressure cooker, and you know what he told me? He said stuff it. So I guess that's the end of that.

P.S. He didn't say "stuff it". I'm just teasing.

The Morreys said...

That looks really cool. I have a pressure cooker, but don't use it as much as I'd like. I've never tried rice in it before. Thanks for the idea.