Sunday, July 25, 2010

6 Months!

This last month just flew by! I don't know where it went, but Julie is changing so fast. She is such a happy little girl and never sits still. She really isn't a cuddly baby unless she is asleep. While sitting she loves to move her body back and forth, which is why a lot of these pictures are so blurry! I do what I can!

-sitting, she had gotten sitting down, and now is moving onto scooting and getting herself all over the place. Rob has fun helping her to walk all over the house, she has always loved standing, if she is lying on the ground and you hold her hand to pull her up, she will go straight to her feet. I have been standing her facing the wall holding onto the back of the couch. She will just bounce on the cushions and laugh and talk at her shadow on the wall. She loves it.
It is amazing what can entertain a little baby.

-she will clench her jaw and scream when she is frustrated or can't get something(so funny), or just for the fun of it. It is usually when she is getting tired.
-she loves to run her fingers through my hair while feeding her, so sweet.
-she has discovered something new to do with her lips, she will smack them together, this is her new thing she has been doing for the past 3 days. Kind of like you are sucking on your bottom lip and then let it go.
-eating sweat potatoes, for the last week and a half Julie is back to not eating her cereal, she will not open her mouth at all. She watches us when we are eating and looks like she just wants to eat, and then you try sticking something in her mouth and she will move her head and purse her lips closed tight. Crazy girl!
So, I went to the store today. And I went with Julie, the 1st time I have taken her with me out shopping by myself. I usually leave her at my parents while I grocery shop. So, yay for me!
Well, anyways, I decided to get some vegetables, hoping that she would like that, since she won't eat rice or oatmeal cereal. I got some sweet potatoes and everything else on my list and headed home. My parents invited us over for dinner, so when Rob got home we headed over there and since dinner was not quite ready, we tried feeding Julie the sweet potatoes. And . . . she ate it, she made some pretty sweet faces, but she actually opened her mouth and ate quite a bit of it. Go Julie! I was so excited, but it was short lived, I do airplanes and sing songs and make funny faces just so I can sneak that spoon into her mouth. With this holiday weekend and being busy going from here to there, I didn't even attempt with cereal/vegetables. We will try again tomorrow.
-We got a bouncer a while ago at a garage sale and tried it out a month ago, and she wasn't quite ready for it. Well, a few weeks ago, she really has been bouncy so we tried it out and she LOVED it, she would laugh and had a grand old time for a good half hour. We have not been able to use it for a week or more because one of the straps on it broke. Boo, she loved it though!

Julie studying Dads tie. Rob was resting before church with Julie and she was very interested in his tie that he had on. She would hold it out and just stare at it.


She has started to grab at everything, if she can see it, she will lunge for it. You have to hold onto her pretty tight.
Her 6 month stats will come Tuesday!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I can't believe she's actually 6 months already! Happy 6 month birthday, Julie! She is getting so big, and seems so pleasant and happy. What a charmer she is! :)

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

She is getting to be so big. I love playing with her and holding her. She is so much fun to be around. I love the pictures you took of her. What a sweetheart!