Lately Julie has been copying things that we do. On Sunday at my parents, my mom would put her hands in the air and say "Way Up" and then she would clap her hands. After a few times of doing this, Julie started doing it as well. She did it over and over, and yesterday we caught it on camera. When I am feeding her in her highchair and I will sway my head back and forth, she will do the same thing.
She is now climbing up to everything, the fridge, her crib, the coffee table, the couch, anything she can get at. This presents a little problem since she is not quite stable on her legs yet, or she forgets to hold on. The other day when I went in to get her after her nap, she saw me come in and started to hold onto the rails to pull herself up and she slipped and face planted into the bars. She was not so happy after that. She now pulls herself right up to her feet, she used to only go to her knees, but has found that she can get at a lot more things if she gets to her feet. Isn't walking after scooting along the furniture, we are so in trouble. We are still in the process of baby proofing for crawling NOT walking!
When she is in her bedroom and we leave to go into another room, we say"Come on" and she follows us. She always stops where her car seat and diaper bag are and plays there for a while.
My sister in law mentioned to mix her foods. She loves bananas, so I have been mixing rice cereal with bananas, and she loves it and will eat it just like she was eating banana. Yeah! We gave her some pasta the other day, something that she can pick up with her fingers besides puffs, and cheerios, and she quite liked it. So, yesterday at the store I bought a few new things to try in hopes that she will like some other foods. She also has eaten watermelon and enjoys that as well.













2 comments:
Wow, she's such a fast learner!! And whew! Allie barely beat her to walking- haha!! Glad she's doing lots better with eating, too. Go Julie!!
I bet it won't be long and she will be walking! I'm glad to hear she is trying and liking new foods.
Post a Comment