Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random things

-If you hold out her bottle, she will get so excited and reach for it and put it straight to her mouth. She will then turn over and drink her milk. She has got it down pretty good! While drinking she will pull the bottle out and stare at the milk inside for a minute and then go back to drinking. I do nurse her, but occasionally I will pump and give her a bottle.
-Julie loves to feel things with her lips, I noticed this in the last week or so. We will giver her a puff and before she sticks it in her mouth she rubs it back and forth across her lips. She has a doll that has two little curly ribbons at the top for hair, and she will touch those softly to her lips. She also does this with our shirts or anything really.
-She also loves jewelry, she will play with my wedding ring and twist it around on my finger and if she sees my earrings(which are just little studs), she will reach for them. And if you have big dangly earrings(like my sister), well, you better watch out. I got some chewable necklaces online a while ago and she loves to chew on those.
-She lays on the floor and likes to have her feet resting against the couch or a box or whatever. Then she will just push against it and jabber away. And she can stay like this for quite awhile entertaining herself.

-She is getting so very active, she has the crawl down all except for her left arm. She is quite the little mover.

-She loves to crawl under the coffee table, which usually results in her konking her head. But her little head peaking out from underneath is so stinking cute.

-Rob got out his mini remote control cars the other day for his nephews to play with, and after they left we had Julie crawling after it. She was going everywhere and pretty fast after that little car.

-I got some new toys for Julie to play with on Friday and she quite likes them. She will sit and just play for a long time. Stackable cups and a bucket with shapes that you sort through the lid.

-She loves her books, she mostly likes to chew on the corners right now, but when I sit down with her and turn the pages, she loves it.

-We had Robs brother and sister in law and their kids stay the night with us, and it was such a treat. It is also a great motivator to get our house clean. Not that is was super dirty, but just things here and there that you were meaning to put away but just don't. So, thanks for coming over, we had so much fun visiting with you guys.
-And I got to hold my new nephew Sunday evening. Oh, he is so cute and soooo tiny, it is amazing how tiny newborns are. Julie never seemed like she was little for very long. Such a sweet little guy!
And we weighed her the other day(meaning I stand on the scale to see how much I weigh, and then I hold her to see how much we both weigh and minus the difference) and she came in at 22lbs. Like I say, don't know how accurate that is, but whoa!

2 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I know I say this everytime, but she is SO cute! I really love that picture of her peeking out from under the table- that's adorable. And THANK YOU again for letting us stay with you- you're so sweet and such good hosts- I'm sorry it was last minute.
And I'll bet Allie's not even to 22 pounds yet, so go Julie!!

The Morreys said...

I don't remember for sure, but I think Brooklyn was 22 lbs at her 18 month appointment. You got a good eater!!