Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slowly switching to Better/Safe/Organic/Natural Products!

So, over the course of this month(well, probably more than a month now), I have been researching a lot about natural and organic products, and also reading a lot of reviews. I stumbled upon www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, and from then on could not stop researching and finding better products for me and my family without all the bad stuff(chemicals), that are found in EVERYTHING! Seriously, it is all I can think about! Well, I have found a few products so far that I have been loving and decided I would share with all of you. I will go over a few today and then in later posts.
So, during Winter my hands are pretty much crack city, and bleed all the time. I try to apply lotion, but I always forget and then I wash my hands so often that the lotion just gets washed away. So, basically my hands are never healed. So, after researching and reading reviews I stumbled upon Bubble and Bee Organics, which is a Utah company(yeah), Stephanie Greenwood is the founder and is very very knowledgeable, she only uses organic products and her products get rave reviews. I purchased a lot of her products, and after ordering at 4:00p.m. I got them in the mail at 11:00a.m. the next day, Wow, loved that. The company is in Bountiful. The first product I will talk about is their Lotion Stick:

Ingredients: Organic beeswax, organic cocoa butter, organic sunflower oil.  That's it... No "Bad" Stuff!
This is basically the most amazing thing EVER, after using it for about a week now, my hands are completely healed. No joke, and that is simply amazing to me. I am so in LOVE with this product. There is no water in it, so it doesn't wash off like water based lotions do. I can apply it to my knuckles or wherever is dry like two times a day and be good. It stays put. No more slathering on lotion and just having it wash off the next time I wash my hands. For some proof, here is a picture of my hands, and knuckles. 
 See my birdie finger their on my bended knuckle part(haha), ya that was a split that would still probably be trying to heal if not for this lotion.
 Left hand.
 And right hand, no cracks whatsoever!!
 I love this, I no longer hate washing my hands, I can wash them without having the pain from all the open cuts. So, if you are like me, try this out. They are 7.95, and if you get the unscented, you can get 3 for 5.95. Yes, organic products are a little more expensive, but I think it is so worth it and it will last a while anyways, since you don't have to apply it so often, and you are not paying for water. No "Bad" stuff, is on all her products packaging. And all the packaging is so super cute. So ya, go try some of her stuff out. You will love it!
I also bought Shower Gel, Shampoo, Facial Cleanser, chapstick, bar of soap, face cream, and Sunflower Lotion Bar(which is like the lotion stick, but it is a bar and you get more product, just not as convenient, but still love it). I also want to try their Body Butta, and thier organic deoderant. The unscented Body Butta you can use as a diaper cream, and the deoderants are aluminum free(our bodies need to perspire), and if you don't like the one you got or it is not working for you, she will send you a different one, and even make a special blend that will work just for you. So, they also have great customer service. These are products that you can look forward to me reviewing for you right here in some of my next posts.
Also, I have been using a new foundation and concealer, that I will also review later.
I also found a fun dryer ball tutorial to make your own dryer sheets. They bounce around in your dryer and get rid of static, just won't get that nice smell, but that is okay. More good finds, also thinking seriously about doing cloth diapering, since I do all the changing of the diapers anyway, why not!

4 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

It was fun to get updated on your fam! With two kids and one on the way I feel like I don't have all the time I want to check blogs anymore!

That lotion looks AMAZING! I love Eucerin hand cream. Have you tried that?

Heather Taylor Photography said...

I remember your hands always looking so sore in the wintertime... I'm so glad you found something that works well. yay!! I'll have to check the site out. I've become a lot more aware of ingredients lately, too. High Fructose Syrup is in EVERYTHING! It's hard to totally avoid it but it's important to know how to make educated decisions. Thanks for giving me more to think about! :)

Megan said...

One of my friends swears by cloth diapers. She recently wrote a blog post with all the little details about what she uses and how she does it. If you are interested, I'll copy it and send it to you.

Mike, Heidi, and Matthew said...

I loved trying that lotion. It helped my knuckles to feel so much better. Thanks for all the information. Keep it coming. I want to go more green lately from the things I have been listening to and watching. I really want to do better with the things I buy and what I do with them once I use them. I love going the natural way and can't wait to start planting our garden. I miss you a ton! We need to get together soon.