Saturday, April 2, 2011

Update on Cold

This last cold Julie has had is just ending, and it is the second cold that she has had. She starts out having a fever for two days, but other than that acting normal. Then, she got a raspy cough and voice, and then a runny nose. We went to the doctor and he said it should run about 5-7 days, and that was just about right. For three nights during this cold, we would lay her down for the night and then she would wake up around 10:00, and would just keep crying so we would go in and get her, and guess what, she only wanted Dad to hold her. We watched Baby signing time until she was really zonked and then she was ready to go back to bed and she slept well the rest of the night. Wasn't too bad since we were not in bed ourselves when she woke up. I am glad she is feeling better, we still have the occasional runny nose, that is slowly drying up, just those nasty goobers that you have to suck out, FUN! She does pretty well with the sucker.
Julie passed her cold onto her Dad, and he has got the plugged nose right now. Luckily I have not gotten it, although there were two nights where I would get that scratchy throat - I am going to get a cold feeling, and then I would wake up and be totally fine. Hopefully it will pass by me.
We were downstairs and I mentioned that Julie needed her nose wiped. And the next thing we know, she is bringing Rob a tissue. Apparently she knew what we were talking about and what she needed for us to wipe her nose.

No comments: