Well, Julie has spent one full week in her big girl bed, naps included. I am so glad the transition went so well. We went to Palmers last Saturday and we took Julie with us to find her a bed. We took the truck, but I wasn't expecting to find something at the first store we looked at, but we did. We got a white bunk bed, I wanted a bed with rails on the side, and the only bed that came like that was a bunk bed, so we figured we would probably use them together sometime in the future when Julie got older and her soon-to-be sister moved into a bed. If not we could always use them alone as well. I was wanting a brown color but he bed we chose only came in black and white, and I didn't like any of the other styles, so I opted to get the white. And since they had one in stock, we took it home that day and set it up after her nap. After setting it up we had to figure out how to arrange the bed and the crib and the rocking chair in her room. But, we finally got it. We didn't have any twin sheets so we were not going to have her sleep in her bed yet, but we got around that for the time being by using our queen size sheet set and just tucking the extra under the mattress. We did our normal bedtime routine and laid her down. She cried as we were leaving, but just for a few minutes and then she was quiet and fell asleep. And she slept well the whole night. I wasn't so sure how nap time would, but we did everything like normal and again she cried a little bit when we left and then settled down and went right to sleep. And that is how it has gone this whole week, with the crying ending up more just like a whimper for a second or two. There was one night where she woke up about 4:00a.m. and wouldn't settle back down so we sat with her for a minute and then laid her back down and she went back to sleep.
Today was the first day where she actually came out of her room by herself, and the first day where she talked and played after laying her down for her nap, and then hearing the door open. I just told her it was naptime and put her back in bed, and removed the toys she had found and was playing with, and then she came out one more time, but after that she went to sleep.
I am so glad it has gone so well, it might be that her bed has the rails so it feels more like a crib, and it just has a little opening on one side for her to get out of bed. What a relief, now I just need to get some sheets and I am going to make her a bedspread for her bed, and then I will post pictures of her bedroom. Don't know how much I will go into decorating her room, we shall see!
Today was the first day where she actually came out of her room by herself, and the first day where she talked and played after laying her down for her nap, and then hearing the door open. I just told her it was naptime and put her back in bed, and removed the toys she had found and was playing with, and then she came out one more time, but after that she went to sleep.
I am so glad it has gone so well, it might be that her bed has the rails so it feels more like a crib, and it just has a little opening on one side for her to get out of bed. What a relief, now I just need to get some sheets and I am going to make her a bedspread for her bed, and then I will post pictures of her bedroom. Don't know how much I will go into decorating her room, we shall see!













1 comment:
Way to go Julie! She's grown up so fast! Hooray for an easy transition, and hooray for finding beds you liked so quickly. :)
Post a Comment