Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Different Christmas and New Years

Hey everyone, its my own blog. Enjoy

This sure has been a different Christmas for us. My husband had surgery on the 13th of December and everything went well, but we have had 3 ER visits and a hospital stay that happened over Christmas Eve and part of Christmas. We missed all of our Family Christmas parties and we missed our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities. Then things are looking better and going great and so we were going to celebrate New Years, when just before we were going to leave to my parents, Rob didn't feel good and thought he might be coming down with something, so we stayed home, just in case. He was fine, but we missed all of our holiday get togethers this year. We were really bummed. My mom did bring us some goodies and some movies. So we stayed home and watched Stardust and got to bed at 2:00a.m.

But other than that, we are loving life and loving our house we bought this summer. It is located in North Logan in a fabulous neighborhood, where I grew up. We also just bought a Cal King bed and headboard and baseboard. It will probably take up the majority of our bedroom, but it will be nice to have. We are also loving the snow we get to shovel this year and the lawn we got to mow in the fall. It is a lot of work owning your own house, but well worth it. We would not trade it for the world. We fell in love with the backyard, and that was the selling point for me in buying the house. Robs selling point was probably the garage. We have 4 apple trees, all different varieties, and one annoying crab apple tree in the front, that the birds are just loving right now with all the apples that are still on it. With all the apples I picked up this fall, you would think there would be no more apples left, but just the opposite, it doesn't look like any have fallen off at all. We truly love our house and North Logan, and hope everyone has a wonderful new year!


1 comment:

Jamie Younker said...

Christin! It's been so long since I've talked to you! I found your blog on accident and I'm so glad I did! Now that I've found you we can keep in touch better. Your home looks so nice! How fun!

my blog is www.younkersmfeo.blogspot.com