Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

So, I told everyone I would post some pictures of our snow. So here they are. Sunday morning we woke up to about 6-8 inches of snow. So I got ready for church and went early(Rob stayed home, wasn't feeling good) and it was snowing pretty heavy still. About half way through Junior Primary, they informed everyone that they were canceling the rest of church so we could get home. It was still snowing pretty hard. So I scraped about 3inches off the car so I could get home. I got home and told Rob, and then we looked outside and the elders quorum president and the teachers and priests from the ward were out there shoveling. Thank you.

We stayed home until about 4:30, and then we headed out to Robs parents for dinner. It was still snowing. When we got home, there was about 3-4inches of new snow. So I shoveled it all, hoping we would not get anymore. Shoveling snow is hard work.

Monday morning came and guess what, more snow, probably a good 5 or so inches. So when I got home for my morning break from work at 9:00, I started shoveling. I got half of the driveway, some of the sidewalk, and I tried pushing some of the snow in front of the mailbox. I came inside exhausted. We have these piles of snow that I have to heft the snow over the top of, and my arms were dead. So I took a rest. During my lunch break, I shoveled a little bit more.

When I got home from work after picking up Rob, he helped me finish shoveling the other half of the driveway and then I re-shoveled in front of the mailbox, because the post man plowed through everything. Oh well. We didn't even get to the north sidewalk. Our entrance to our driveway keeps getting smaller and smaller, because there is nowhere to put the snow. And as of right now, it hasn't snowed any more. Thank goodness. This morning my whole upper body is sore and stiff. I used muscles that I guess I don't use very often.



4 comments:

Heather Taylor Photography said...

That's a LOT of snow!! Wow!! Time's like this it's great just to rent- haha! I hope Rob gave you a nice long massage after all your hard work! :)

Ryan and Michelle said...

I kind of miss all of that snow, but definitely not the shoveling. Hopefully you have a big supply of hot chocolate on hand.

Nicky and Patrick said...

It was great to hear from you. I added you to my links, I hope thats okay. It is crazy how much snow we have. It just keeps coming.

The Morreys said...

Wow! I'm glad we got out of Cache Valley when we did!! Just kidding. We really feel for you guys up there when we see the news about subzero temperatures and all the snow. I can still see blades of grass poking through our snow, and what we have will probably be gone before the weekend.