2 1/2 cups liquid
1 T yeast
3 T sugar
2 tsp. salt
6-8 cups flour
Optional:
2 T oil
1 egg
Mix dry ingredients. Add liquid. Add flour as needed until a soft but not sticky dough is formed. Knead about 5 minutes. Allow to rise in a warm place until dough is double. Knead again as it is formed into loaves. Bake in greased pan at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
She also said that you can add up to a cup of whatever(leftover noodles, veggies, leftover broth, cereal crumbs, frosting), pretty much anything. So the other day I decided to take a whak at making white bread. So I added some 2 cups water and blended in some leftover cooked carrots and broccoli. Then I added the rest of the ingredients and added as much flour as needed and also a little bit of oil. Mixed it all together and kneaded it. Then I left it to rise and it wasn't rising to well, but made into round balls and placed on a cookie sheet. Let it rise a little more. Cooked them for about 23 minutes and they came out with little orange specs all over. It tasted great, a little veggie taste but pretty good for my first try. It was really soft to. It is great for making sandwiches.















1 comment:
That looks yummy! I haven't thought of adding carrots and broccoli to bread before (or noodles!!), but I bet it would be good--except with jam on it!
Post a Comment